Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
Cree-Power & RF is looking for an Manufacturing Equipment Engineer with a strong background in both Process and Equipment. This position will work directly with the Equipment and Process Engineering teams in our Silicon Carbide (SiC) Power & RF Wafer Fab located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow.
- This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product, Operation and Equipment teams to shape the future of our products and the Wafer Fab.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Process and Equipment ownership of specific toolsets related to ion implantation and thermal anneal.
- Responsible for performing a variety of engineering duties related to achieving quarterly yield, cycle time, equipment availability, SPC and cost improvement goals.
- Work closely with Product Engineering team to drive yield & cycle time improvements.
- Work closely with R&D teams on process improvement and future development.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of process technicians, equipment technicians and operators.
- Responsible for new equipment identification, start-up and qualification.
- Upkeep & document creation related to process and equipment ownership.
- Work with team to re-design hardware and components as needed.
- Validate drawings and schematics for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Interface directly with suppliers for installs, support, troubleshooting, equipment acceptance and resolving technical issues that may arise in day to day manufacturing.
What you need for success:
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or an Associates Degree in Engineering with at least 10 years of semiconductor process, equipment, or equivalent experience.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in both Implant Processes as well as Implant Equipment.
- Working knowledge and experience in thermal processing.
- Working knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas, with evidence of an advanced skill set in one or more of them. Areas outside of Implant include Deposition, Etch, Lithography, Backgrind, Diffusion and Chemical Processing.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to support critical issues in a 24X7 manufacturing environment.
- Ability to identify equipment improvements, process improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- High level understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a “whatever it takes” approach.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 10+ years of experience in the semiconductor Industry.
- 5+ years experience as a Process or Equipment owner with a focus on Implant and/or Thermal processing.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements manage change & implement solutions.
- Strong working knowledge of DOE principles and data analysis.
- JMP or equivalent software experience preferred.
- Experience leading others, or strong desire and ability to display needed skills to do so.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top