Manufacturing Equipment Engineer - Bulk Gas
Serve as the bulk gas system/Process Safety Management owner for various systems within the Opto Chips departments, providing ‘hands on’ technical expertise and reliability improvement solutions. This role will interact directly with manufacturing, research and development, and facilities team to optimize overall system effectiveness. This role will also be responsible for training and developing support technicians on proper maintenance procedures and advanced troubleshooting techniques. This role will also act as the liaison between facilities and the manufacturing areas for all facility issues affecting Opto Chips including abatement, HVAC and cooling H2O. This person will also need to lead and assist all projects that will affect the Opto Chips departments. Must be able to understand and track all necessary Opto Chip needs and plan for future expansion and understand the current limitations.
What Cree can do for you:
- Ability to directly impact critical business objectives
- Assist in developing and owning all aspects of the role as it's expanded
- Unique opportunity to implement and improve upon existing business processes
- Opportunity to work for company that is large enough to provide necessary resources, but small enough to remain nimble in the ever-changing global marketplace
- Chance to work alongside passionate individuals who believe their job is more than just a paycheck
What you can do for Cree:
- Develop tool metrics to analyze equipment performance and reliability.
- Participate in complex machine failure modes, providing advanced troubleshooting opportunities
- Provide equipment redesign ideas to improve inherent capabilities of existing equipment.
- Utilize a reliability centered approach for determining levels of maintenance required, and optimizing existing maintenance specifications.
- Maintain and add controlled documentation for corrective and preventive maintenance procedures in accordance with process safety management regulations.
- Serve as a team member on facilities directed teams representing bulk gas ownership for the production areas.
- Develop and maintain a cost of ownership program for each system, and utilize to provide cost reduction opportunities.
- Provide training to the team to improve over-all capabilities and system knowledge.
- Assist in equipment improvement and start-up qualification coordination efforts for all production areas using existing FTIR, ICP-MS, H20 and O2 analyzers. Will also own and maintain the monitoring equipment.
- Provide facilitation of gas qualifications between development and manufacturing.
- Know and understand site safety policies and provide leadership.
- Exhibit proper communication and escalation practices throughout the support team.
- Foster teamwork and support team-building activities.
- Provide flexibility for 7 x 24 technical support for dedicated bulk gas and project assignments.
A Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline is required in addition to at least 1 year of semiconductor manufacturing experience. The candidate must have a solid understanding of bulk gas delivery systems. Previous technical training experience is highly desirable.
- Preferred 4+ years of semiconductor system maintenance and repair experience or equivalent military experience.
- Understand high purity piping, installation and build/inspection codes (B31.3 and API-510/570)
- Must be organized, neat, detailed, conscientious, and thorough.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- PC experience – MS Word, Project, Excel, Access
- Will work around electrical (high and low voltage), compressed gasses, acids, solvents
- , vacuum pump oils, and other chemicals.
- Must be able to regularly lift 65 lbs
- Must be very dexterous – will be required to work on small assemblies.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top