Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
Cree-Power & RF is looking for an Equipment Engineer with a proven track record of successful mechanical design and execution in a high volume manufacturing environment. This position will work directly with the Equipment and Process Engineering teams in our Silicon Carbide (SiC) Power & RF Wafer Fab located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. Ultimately playing a significant role in our future.
- This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product and Equipment teams to shape the future of the Wafer Fab and the Equipment we use on our products.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Work with Engineering teams to evaluate, select and order equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacturing of company products.
- Facilitate and oversee the install of new Manufacturing Equipment. Maintain schedule to meet overall project goals.
- Continuous improvement across many platforms and processes.
- Work with team to re-design hardware and components as needed.
- Validate drawings and schematics for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Interface directly with suppliers for installs, support, troubleshooting, equipment acceptance and resolving technical issues that may arise in day to day manufacturing.
- Maintain current records on equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues.
- Mentoring, coaching, and training of equipment technicians.
- Create and maintain Maintenance Documents and Procedures
- Work with Equipment team to resolve daily priorities as needed to support manufacturing.
What you need for success:
- Associates Degree in Engineering with at least 5 years of semiconductor equipment, or equivalent experience.
- Background in equipment engineering with experience in the following: vacuum systems, electro-mechanical systems and robotics, high purity gas distribution, and control systems.
- Working knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas, with evidence of an advanced skill set in one or more of them. Areas include Deposition, Etch, Lithography, Implant, Backgrind, Diffusion and Chemical Processing.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to support critical tool issues in a 24X7 manufacturing environment.
- Equipment troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly learn new equipment toolsets.
- Ability to identify equipment improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a “whatever it takes” approach.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the semiconductor Industry.
- 2+ years of experience as an Equipment Engineer.
- Experience with wafer size conversion, and supporting equipment efforts to successfully execute.
- High level understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control.
- Strong base knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements manage change & implement solutions
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top