Manufacturing Equipment Engineer
Cree-Power & RF is looking for an Equipment Engineer with a proven track record of successful execution in a high volume manufacturing environment. This position will work directly with the Equipment and Process Engineering teams in our Silicon Carbide (SiC) Power & RF Wafer Fab located in Research Triangle Park, NC.
What can we do for you?
- Provide you with a high impact area of ownership that enables both you and us to grow. Ultimately playing a significant role in our future.
- This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product and Equipment teams to shape the future of the Wafer Fab and the Equipment we use on our products.
What can you do for us?
- Continuous improvement across many new and existing platforms and processes.
- Optimize preventative maintenance procedures, document best known methods and improve inventory spares and stocking levels across areas of ownership. Create and maintain Maintenance Documents and Procedures as necessary.
- Work directly with Equipment Technician team to improve PM and troubleshooting skillsets. Mentoring, coaching, and training of equipment technicians will be a key component of this.
- Work with Engineering teams to evaluate, select and order equipment that is most appropriate and cost effective for the manufacturing of company products.
- Facilitate and oversee the install of new Manufacturing Equipment. Maintain schedule to meet overall project goals.
- Work with team to re-design hardware and components as needed.
- Validate drawings and schematics for correctness and conformance to standards.
- Interface directly with suppliers for installs, support, troubleshooting, equipment acceptance and resolving technical issues that may arise in day to day manufacturing.
- Maintain current records on equipment manufacturers’ technical notices, upgrades and safety issues.
- Work with Equipment team to resolve daily priorities as needed to support manufacturing.
What you need for success:
- BS Degree in Engineering with semiconductor equipment, or equivalent experience.
- Background in equipment engineering with experience in the following: vacuum systems, electro-mechanical systems and robotics, high purity gas distribution, and control systems.
- Working knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas, with evidence of an advanced skill set in one or more of them. Areas include Deposition, Etch, Lithography, Implant, Backgrind, Diffusion and Chemical Processing.
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule as needed to support critical tool issues in a 24X7 manufacturing environment.
- Equipment troubleshooting skills and the ability to rapidly learn new equipment toolsets.
- Ability to identify equipment improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a team player and have a “whatever it takes” approach.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 5+ years of experience in the semiconductor Industry.
- 2+ years of experience as an Equipment Engineer.
- Experience with wafer size conversion, and supporting equipment efforts to successfully execute.
- High level understanding and experience with Statistical Process Control.
- Strong base knowledge in all wafer fab processing areas.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements manage change & implement solutions
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Nathan L.Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top