Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Cree LED Lighting is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on engineering technician to maintain and support industry leading LED based lighting products. Individual will work within cross functional groups consisting of engineering, product development and global contract manufacturing partners to sustain and support high volume products in production. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that is able to quickly work around technical obstacles.
Manufacturing Engineering Technician
1st Shift (7am-3pm)
- Ability to interpret schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting functions
- Resolve/Correct testing issues.
- Create troubleshooting/operations documentation and ability to train peers in best practices.
- Perform electrical and photometric testing using manufacturing equipment and systems
- Recommend modifications and improvements to the process
- Ability to use critical thinking skills, work independently, and communicate effectively with co-workers, engineers, and management in a production environment
- Diagnose individual electrical and/or mechanical failure instances while looking for systemic opportunities for improvements
- Provide guidance when discrepancies between manufacturing work instructions, standard work, bill of materials, and any other reference material hinders production from attaining high quality products and target output
- Monitor and improve manufacturing processes to better yields and cycle times through elimination of waste, promoting a LEAN culture
- Work with Engineering & Manufacturing Operations to ensure output and productivity are achieved and maintained by identifying and resolving barriers to production attainments
- Review assigned product lines looking for ways to reduce cost by part or process redesign
What can Cree do for you?
As an engineering technician, you will work with various teams throughout the company to provide operations support for an industry leading LED based lighting company. During your time with Cree, you’ll have a great opportunity to learn new manufacturing processes and develop new skills with a focus on career advancement through educational assistance, professional growth, and personal development.
What can you do for Cree?
Provide support to production through troubleshooting issues, defining quality impacts, and providing resolutions to production team on a daily basis. Maintaining and supporting photometric testing equipment in production.
What you need for success:
- Two-year degree from a technical school in electrical or mechanical field or 3-5 additional years of demonstrated experience in related position
- Ability to troubleshoot analog and digital circuits with equipment such as; oscilloscopes, power meters, AC and DC power supplies and multimeters
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform construction, testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Able to clearly communicate to remove support teams
- Quickly and accurately capture and understand data
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic mechanical aptitude.
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success
- Demonstrate “hands-on” and self-driven attitude
- Proficient in MS office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) – General computer expertise
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Strong personal work ethic with ‘Do Whatever It Takes’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, high-energy, strong drive for accomplishment
- Work well independently towards achieving the goals of the group
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate handling of confidential information
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top