Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Cree LED Lighting is looking for a self-motivated, hands-on engineering technician to support industry leading LED based lighting products. This individual will work within a cross functional groups consisting of engineering, product development and production to sustain and support high volume products in production. A successful candidate will be a resourceful problem solver that will quickly work around technical obstacles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to interpret schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing and troubleshooting function
- Resolve/Correct testing issues.
- Recommend modifications and improvements to the process
- Ability to use critical thinking skills, work independently, and communicate effectively with co-workers, engineers, and management in a production environment
- Diagnose individual electrical and/or mechanical failure instances while looking for systemic opportunities for improvements
- Provide guidance when discrepancies between manufacturing work instructions, standard work, bill of materials, and any other reference material hinders production from attaining high quality products and target output
- Work with Engineering & Manufacturing Operations to ensure output and productivity are achieved and maintained by identifying and resolving barriers to production attainments
- Note: 1 opening is a split shift, typically working 9:30am-5:30pm and will be required to cover 2nd or 3rd shift as needed.
What can Cree do for you?
As an engineering technician, you will work with various teams throughout the company to provide operations support. During your time with Cree, you’ll have a great opportunity to learn new manufacturing processes and develop new skills with a focus on career advancement through educational assistance, professional growth, and personal development.
What can you do for Cree?
Provide support to production through troubleshooting issues, defining quality impacts, and providing resolutions to production team on a daily basis.
What you need for success:
- Two-year degree from a technical school in electrical or mechanical field or 3-5 additional years of demonstrated experience
- Work from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform construction, testing, checkout and troubleshooting functions
- Quickly and accurately capture and understand data
- Well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Work across company functional organizations to ensure project success
- Proficient in MS office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) – General computer expertise
- Strong personal work ethic with ‘Do Whatever It Takes’ attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter, high-energy, strong drive for accomplishment
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top