Manufacturing Engineer, Supply Chain
We currently have an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer within our Supply Chain group in Durham, NC. We hope you’ll read on to see if you have what it takes to join the revolution.
This unique position is a hybrid of engineering and planning functions that fills an essential role in the day-to-day operations of the factory. This individual must be very detail oriented and will work closely with other members of the planning, production control, engineering, and marketing teams in the LED Chips business. This individual will also interact with the planning and operations teams in other Cree business units.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Ability to directly impact critical business objectives
- Join an evolving business that is preparing for major growth
What can you do for Cree?
- Drive factory rates & products to align with demand
- Calculate input material specifications needed for end customer demand
- Analyze orders with respect to operational requirements
- Communicate priorities with leadership to maximize on time delivery to customers
- Join forces with marketing, engineering, R&D, and operations to bring new products to production
- Monitor quality and volume of Epi FGI, take actions to improve
- Propel the continuous improvement of planning systems and tools
- BS Engineering degree (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred)
- 2 years experience in manufacturing or production control
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic; must have a "whatever it takes" attitude.
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, Excel, VBA, etc)
- MS Engineering degree (Industrial or Mechanical Engineering)
- 2+ years experience in semiconductor manufacturing or production control
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top