The NPI Product Engineer is responsible for developing production plans and work product for New Product Introduction through Operations, coordinating group efforts within Operations Engineering, documenting NPI activities and completed work product, and ensuring a smooth transition to the sustaining and continuous improvement phase of product lifecycle. The NPI Product Engineer is a core member of the Global Operations Engineering Team and works with that team to realize world class manufacturing systems at both Cree and its partners.
What can Cree do for you:
- Ability to directly impact critical business objectives
- Opportunity to directly impact company challenges and avoid "red tape" that commonly plagues larger corporations
- Join an evolving business that is preparing for major growth
- Opportunity to work for a company where upward mobility is driven by results, not by tenure or organizational politics
NPI Product Engineer – Responsibilities
- Develop specifications and plans product manufacture and identifies Critical to Quality items.
- Document the NPI lifecycle and Process accordingly.
- Lead key NPI initiatives, such as DFM, FMEA, DOE, control plans, etc.
- Support NPI builds onsite (domestic and international), ensuring build success.
- Work with cross-functional teams to accelerate product introduction and drive built-in quality.
- Analyses data to identify and resolve systemic process and performance issues, draft reports, execute scorecards and conclude build success and production readiness.
- Work with design engineering, suppliers and business partners to deliver consistently high-performing systems.
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering with 3+ years of experience with product and or manufacturing system development.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding on how to assemble electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and ability to guide design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis to drive manufacturing decisions.
- Prior experience using DFM, FMEA, DOE, CTQs, and Control plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Work well independently towards achieving the goals of the group.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate handling of confidential information.
- Excellent electronics aptitude and ability.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused execution of tasks.
- Strong computer software skills and aptitude to learn new software.
- Attention to safety, quality, and performance.
- Self-Starter with sense of self-reliance and sense of urgency.
- Excellent work ethic with the understanding that excellence is a habit.
- Ability to identify potential safety and performance issues and eliminate them.
- SolidWorks proficiency.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top