This position will be a part of a manufacturing engineering team supporting all aspects of the LED Chips business operations.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to own cross-departmental quality initiatives and improvements for high impact
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to gain experience in multiple areas of the business
What can you do for Cree?
- Conduct time and motion studies establishing time standards for manufacturing processes with emphasis on productivity improvement, efficiency gains and cycle time reduction.
- Develop and maintain time studies, capacity modeling, line balancing and ergonomic information to support a high volume production line. Communicate regularly with management and other functional groups within Cree to ensure understanding of needs/problems in relation to industrial engineering projects.
- Develop Production rules to Improve On Time Delivery
- Interact with other technical groups throughout Cree and elsewhere to exchange technical information and remain abreast of new developments in the field.
- Develop, monitor and report production metrics.
- Support of 24/7 manufacturing and participate in production planning.
- BS in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering
- 2-5 years experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Overall knowledge of industrial engineering to support fab capacity planning, resource utilization and lean manufacturing.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and ability to use computer tools such as spreadsheets, Excel, Word, AutoCAD, statistical analysis software, database creation and management. Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, JMP, VBA, etc)
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering
- 2+ years semiconductor manufacturing experience in the Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering field
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top