This unique position is a hybrid of engineering and planning functions that fills an essential role in the day-to-day operations of the factory as well as long term growth projects. This individual must be very detail oriented and will work closely with other members of the planning, production control, engineering, marketing and IT teams in the LED Chips business unit. This individual will also interact with the planning and operations teams in other Cree business units.
- Propel the continuous improvement of our Adexa planning system and other tools
- Assist in production planning, production control, and production modeling
- Drive factory rates & products to align with demand
- Calculate input material specifications needed for end customer demand
- Analyze orders with respect to operational requirements
- Communicate priorities with leadership to maximize on time delivery to customers
- Join forces with marketing, engineering, R&D, and operations to bring new products to production
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related technical field
- Internship, co-op, or industry experience
- SQL Server experience.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic; must have a "whatever it takes" attitude
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- 1-5 years of experience in manufacturing or semiconductor industry
- At least 2 years’ experience or MS
- Experience with Oracle DB, C++, or Python in addition to the required SQL experience
- Exposure to Adexa
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top