This Manufacturing Engineer position is a cross-functional position between engineering and planning that fills an essential role in the day-to-day operations of the factory as well as long term growth projects. This individual must be very detail oriented and will work closely with other members of the planning, production control, engineering, customer service and marketing teams in the Wolfspeed Power and RF business.
What Cree Can Do For You:
- Ability to directly impact critical business objectives
- Unique opportunity to implement and improve upon existing business processes
- Opportunity to work for company that is large enough to provide necessary resources, but small enough to remain nimble in the ever-changing global marketplace
- Chance to work alongside passionate individuals who are on the leading edge technology
- Ability to voice opinions in an environment where direct communication is encouraged
What You Can Do For Cree:
- Understand end customer requirements and align the production line for predictable deliveries
- Assess progress in line and propose changes to plan to mitigate issues
- Work with Operations to improve material flow efficiency
- Coordinate with Sustaining Engineering to maximize yield and minimize costs
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of systems for daily, monthly and long-range plans
- Maintain customer order acknowledgments
- Respond to Customer Service requests for schedule changes and returns
- Investigate and initiate root cause analysis for any delivery shortfalls
- Managing inventory levels to support a vertically integrated supply chain
What You Need For Success:
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder)
- BS Engineering, Science, Business, Operations Management or related field
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-starter with strong personal work ethic
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Extensive experience in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access)
- Master’s degree in Engineering or MBA in supply chain or related field
- Experience with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, JMP, VBA, etc)
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top