Manager Sustaining Engineering, Wafer Fabrication
The manager chosen for this position will be a key member and leader within Cree's LED fab sustaining engineering team. This team is responsible for the process engineering functions of a 24X7 compound semiconductor fab operation.
Shift: 1st Shift (M-F)
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to lead a team of high performers
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to gain experience in multiple areas of the business
What you can you do for Cree?
- Sustain and improve photolithography processes for LED device fabrication by leading a diverse team of engineers and technicians.
- Organize and manage projects that positively impact costs and product yields on both a both near and long term roadmap.
- Lead technical solving problem teams.
- Partner with product engineering and R&D to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality.
- Develop and mentor existing staff as well as grow team though external and internal recruiting.
- Interface with equipment engineering, management and manufacturing to improve cycle time, tool availability, process/product yield, and drive cost reductions.
- Drive innovation and continuous improvement in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- 5+ yrs Wafer Fab Experience in photolithography.
- 3+ yrs team management experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE) and structured problem solving methods (5 whys/fishbone/8D)
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or Equivalent.
- 5+ yrs Wafer Fab Engineering Leadership Experience, ideally with compound semiconductors.
- Excellent project management skills with demonstrated ability to identify manufacturing improvements, manage change, and implement solutions.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top