Manager Sustaining Engineering
We are seeking a Semiconductor Manufacturing Technician Manager responsible for leading a team of 24x7 technicians to maintain Process control and Product quality.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide a leadership opportunity in a high impact position leading a very capable team. The ability to work with all product lines and all processes within the Power & RF Wafer Fab.
- This position will work hand in hand with Process, Product and Equipment teams to shape the future of the Wafer Fab. It will provide the ability to play a significant role in how the fab operates and grows.
- Potential for future mobility within a thriving, growth-mode organization.
- Provide you with an experienced team of technicians that are very capable and eager to continue shaping and improving our Processes and Products.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage and support a 24x7 team of Technicians that support both Engineering and Operations in maintaining Process control and Product quality.
- Work with Technician team to establish and maintain a 24x7 coverage structure that places first line ownership at a Process or Product module flow level.
- Work with Engineering and Operations on CIP projects to streamline the process and grow the business.
- Work closely with Process and Product Engineering teams to drive yield & cycle time improvements.
- Support Engineering teams to bring new equipment and processes online for production.
- Work with entire operations team to achieve set safety goals.
- Drive standards, certification and training efforts where needed for all technicians.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in an engineering or science curriculum.
- 10+ years of semiconductor manufacturing experience.
- In depth understanding of Photolithography, Etch, Deposition, Diffusion, Implant, thinning and thermal processing.
- Working knowledge of both Power & RF devices.
- Working knowledge of SPC, OCAPs and inline monitoring of both electrical performance and defect monitoring.
- Must be a team player and have a “whatever it takes” approach.
- Must have a positive, professional, energetic, can-do attitude.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- 3+ years of experience leading a team of Engineers or Technicians responsible for sustaining semiconductor Processes and or Products.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top