Manager Supply Chain
Supply Chain Manager
Cree is seeking a Supply Chain professional to manage a diverse set of responsibilities including Indirect and Equipment purchases, Warehousing, and Incoming Quality Control. In addition to managing a six direct reports and a total team size of twenty-one, often there will be times when this Manager will be required to roll up their sleeves and work closely alongside the team. This person will work closely with Operations, Facilities, Engineering, R&D, Finance, Legal, and other Supply Chain professionals to achieve Cree goals.
Key metrics of this position include cost savings and timeliness of supply.
Managing a diverse team requires an interest in the details and patience to work through and understand the various facets of the business.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- Invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility in $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide strategic sourcing leadership
- Participate in the development and implementation of strategic sourcing strategies
- Manage the commercial relationship with suppliers
What you need for success:
- B.S. Degree in Supply Chain, a technical field, or other related field
- 7-10 years of experience negotiating equipment and service agreements
- Experience in Quality is beneficial
- Proven track record of consistently delivering supply base price reductions through dynamic negotiation techniques
- Experience leading global sourcing initiatives; particularly helpful is working within a cross-functional environment or leading cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated experience in the application of procurement processes and contract management
- Demonstrated experience with ERP systems with emphasis on procurement, MRP, payables, receiving and inventory modules
- Skilled in the art of problem solving, issue resolution and change management in dealing with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, effective presentation and facilitation skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Manufacturing, Quality and/or Process Engineering experience
- MBA or certification as a supply chain professional
- Experience working in a high volume and high technology industry
- Experience working with international suppliers
- In-depth understanding of planning processes including MRP, forecasting, establishing min/max reorder points, inventory optimization, and other related processes
- Working knowledge of Oracle ERP
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top