Manager Program Security
The Security Manager will be responsible for all security operations in accordance with company policies and procedures and will handle all general security matters in the west. They will be a member of the Corporate Physical Security team focused on performing as a Security Generalist who performs multiple security functions with oversight for daily security operations. He/she will adhere to established internal customer service standards.
This position is located in Morgan Hill, CA and requires someone working independently with minimal supervision to initiate, manage, and conclude all aspects of various projects. This individual will report to Program Manager, Security and will be required to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Supervise security officer services; ensure officers are adequately trained and adhere to company policies; assist with development and efficient operation of regional command center.
- Coordinate services and repairs for access control, CCTV systems, and other security related equipment; review invoices for accuracy.
- Liaise with corporate security, HR, Facilities, and EHS functions
- Assist with access control, CCTV, and intrusion detection systems. Facilitate repaires where needed.
- Conduct monthly Security Officer/Field Supervisor and CCTV audits.
- Oversight of export areas at facility
- Works with internal and external customers and stakeholders
- Assists the Control Room with with all badge access requests for the region
- Provide excellent customer service
- Conduct site patrols of the facility, to include exterior and interior of all buildings, perimeter
- Respond to alarms and contingency situations as directed
- Provide escort as directed and in accordance with policy
- Monitor and control access for vehicles, workers, etc.
- Monitor CCTV to maintain security awareness of campus activities
- Key control management, issuing keys to employees/contractors and coordination of locksmith work.
- Observed violations of parking policy
- Screen some deliveries for access to facility
- Maintain frequent communications with Durham Control Room (Operations Center)
- Conduct weekly systems checks to ensure functionality and operability
- Issue appropriate access badges in accordance with procedures
- Write, maintain and complete appropriate logs and reports of daily activities, observations and unusual events
- Provide coverage for security post vacancies if needed
- Provide support for special projects involving mergers and acquisitions.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the site specific emergency plans, including the 1) Emergency Action Plan [8 CCR 3220]; 2) Fire Prevention Plan [8 CCR 3221]; 3) Emergency Response Plan [8 CCR 5192]; and 4) Consolidated Emergency Response/Contingency Plan [Health and Safety Code (HSC) §25505].
- Assist in the development and maintenance of site specific business continuity plans.
- Facilitate routine training, drills, and exercises to ensure personnel are prepared to fulfill their duties outlined in site specific emergency and business continuity plans.
- Act as the primary site Emergency Coordinator and/or Senior Emergency Response Official as defined in 8 CCR 5192 (q)(3)(A).
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top