Manager Product Marketing
The Product Portfolio Manager is responsible for the holistic management of the product portfolio(s) to which they are assigned, in this case consisting of Cree’s Industrial (High-Bay/Low-Bay), Track, and commercial Lamp products. This position acts as a “mini General Manager” of the respective product portfolio(s). Responsibilities include complete life-cycle management of the products from development through discontinuation.
What can Cree do for you?
- In this high visibility position you will be able to interface among many groups across the business including VP Brand Management, peer Product Portfolio Managers, the Product Strategy Manager, Engineering, Marketing Communications, Cree Sales Managers, Operations, Purchasing, Finance, Technical Support, Special Pricing, and Customer Service.
- Have a hand in determining the feasibility of utilizing advanced technologies and new product concepts in existing and new products.
- Be a part of a high growth and fast paced company that is on the forefront of cutting edge technologies.
What can you do for Cree?
- Manage all aspects of the product portfolio(s) to which he/she is assigned throughout the complete product life cycle including: Revenue, Gross Margin, Sales & Operations Forecasting & Inventory Management, Pricing: New product pricing and collaboration with the Special Pricing Department on pricing review/approval for large &/or competitive quotations, New product planning, development, rollout, and penetration and product end-of-life planning & execution including implementation communications and inventory disposition planning & execution.
- Collaborates with the VP Brand Management in the development of the product Roadmap for the product portfolio(s) to which he/she is assigned.
- Constantly keeps abreast of developments in the lighting market, including market & application trends, technology, emerging luminaire types, vendor product offerings, regulatory requirements, etc. Activities include attendance of industry conferences and seminars, activity in industry committees, interfacing closely with suppliers & technology partners including the Cree Components business unit, customers, sales personnel and others.
- Directs the estimation of costs, prices, margins, quantities, manufacturing methods and availability associated with candidate projects, evaluate the results and recommend appropriate strategies.
- Directly and indirectly conducts in-depth analyses and reverse engineering of competitive products (often in partnership with Engineering &/or the Product Strategy manager), the results of which are used to guide future product development decisions and to provide sales tools to Cree’s sales force.
- Provides informal technical support to the VP of Brand Management, Marketing Communications, Technical Support, Sales, Agents and other entities as required. Such feedback is used to respond to customer inquiry, resolve technical problems, address customer service needs, secure sales, formulate marketing strategies and facilitate product introductions.
- Partners with the Marketing Communications Department in the definition, development, and implementation of all marketing collateral to support new product launches, product upgrades, and existing products as required.
- Develops the Marketing Requirements Document (MRD) to define the product. Participate in all Engineering Stage-gate reviews, develops new product pricing and coordinates its implementation with Engineering and the Special Pricing Department.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Architectural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Industrial Design preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the lighting industry (eight preferred). Experience in LED industrial high-bay/low-bay lighting required. Experience in track lighting and lamps preferred but not required.
- At least five years of experience in the US C&I lighting channel is required, including familiarity with the specification/bid process, distributor stock business, and national account business.
- Minimum of three years of product management-related experience in lighting required.
- Demonstrated project management experience required.
- Current knowledge of LED lighting required.
- General understanding of the capabilities and limitations of aluminum spinning, sheet metal fabrication, aluminum die casting, Computer Numeric Control (CNC) punching and forming, aluminum and acrylic extruding and plastic injection molding materials and manufacturing methods preferred but not required.
- General knowledge of UL/CUL/CSA, federal and regional lighting standards and product requirements required.
- Strong working knowledge of, experience with and proficiency in office computer systems and windows-based software (including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, personal information managers, presentation programs, Internet browsing and e-mail) required. Strong MS PowerPoint and Excel experience required.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top