Manager Product Engineering Manufacturing
As Manager of the Product Engineering team, you will be responsible for Product Yield and Performance of the RF product lines. You will lead a team of engineers and technicians to drive improvements, qualifications and product health of all RF products. The team will have primary responsibility for electrical, visual and net yields. You will work in conjunction with the R&D team to qualify new processes critical to customers. You will partner with Process Engineering and Manufacturing to improve yield and reduce cycle time.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in both near and long-term within a thriving, growth-mode organization.
- This will be a high-visibility role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative.
- Challenge you with a broadly focused leadership role, working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company.
- This role will provide the opportunity to be hands-on with regard to technical challenges while still providing strategy
- Grow new technologies, lead and create a real impact on the power and energy industries, make a global difference, advance your breadth of knowledge and experience
- Join an elite performing group with the opportunity to work with the best of the best
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Manage a team of Product, Integration, Device and Yield Enhancement Engineers and Technicians who are responsible for the RF product groups.
- Provide clear direction and priorities on the top yield detractors.
- Lead cross-functional teams and task forces to drive resolution of yield excursions.
- Actively drive team to deliver MRB reductions, FMEA assessments and improvements, and 8D activity.
- Support Operations and Process Engineering team for tool qualifications by providing support for data analysis, PCRB qualification plan input, and traveler documentation in a timely manner.
- Drive the team to provide deep dive analysis on Product Integration and Yield.
- Own the fab investigation and fab response of Customer quality concerns and performance improvement roadmaps.
- Interact closely with the RF Business and Reliability team to deliver products and improvements important to customers. Forecast future yield improvements and provide Business and Planning teams with yield outlook for product planning and cost analysis.
What you need for success:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or closely related field
- 7+ years of experience in high-volume Semiconductor Fab with specific focus at Process Sustaining in such areas as photolithography, etching, thin films, diffusion, epitaxy, implantation
- 3+ years experience in building / managing team of engineers/technicians
- A strong background in RF and Microwave fundamentals
- Strong candidates will have demonstrated experience in yield analysis techniques and methodologies, strong understanding of electrical parametric correlation to product yield, and good knowledge of semiconductor processing, process integration and device physics.
- Demonstrated high level of leadership, management, team mentoring, and strong communication skill set.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or closely related field
- Working knowledge of SiC and GaN wafer processing
- Expertise and knowledge in fabrication and performance of RF devices
- Proficient with Statistical process control techniques and DOE methodology. Knowledge of JMP is a plus.
- Experience in Yield Engineering using yield and defect models, commonality analysis, time-paired analysis, line segmentation, random/systematic yield analysis, and yield forecasting.
- Experience in Semiconductor Wafer Metrology and Failure Analysis including defect inspection techniques as well as physical, chemical and electrical characterization methodologies.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top