Manager of Supply Chain Planning
The Manager of Supply Chain Planning is responsible for administrating the daily/weekly/monthly activities of the Supply Planners and Buyers working with the Consumer Lighting Group (CLG). Supply Planners are buyers who also do material planning. This role is responsible for and manages purchasing, materials requirements planning, supplier relationship management, and product life cycle. Buyers support the sourcing activities for the R&D and the Operations Teams; all components/items not managed by the Supply Planners. This will also include new vendor identification.
Key deliverables for the Manager of this group include:
- Maintaining committed inventory levels of finished goods to support sales.
- Sourcing of materials to support the R&D Teams schedule.
- Securing best in class service/quality/cost/lead-time from the supply base to support the consumer Lighting Team.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential upward mobility in a thriving organization and our fastest growing business unit.
- Enable you to expand your experience in finding new strategies to optimize purchasing.
- Grow your knowledge with industry leading LED lighting technology.
What can you do for Cree?
- Manages the initiate of purchase orders to support Operations and R&D organizations to ensure timely execution of product and services sourcing activities.
- Reviews the analyzed quotations, provided by the Sourcing Buyer. Reviews will be used to support recommendations for supplier/component selection with respect to cost, and delivery competitiveness.
- Remain advised of market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing methods improvements and where applicable, partner with the Vendor Manager PM and Engineering PM to reduce cost for components / finished goods.
- Review the Supply Planners shipment forecast before schedules are provided to Suppliers. Insuring Cree inventory levels and production site capabilities are managed by the weekly shipment plans.
- Coordinates as appropriate quality matters and engineering changes/developments between Cree and our partners.
- Visits suppliers’ facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems.
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA preferred with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering
- 8-10 years of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience utilizing an Asian to US supply model.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team in a Supply Chain and/or Planning Environment
- 3+ years of experience with an MRP system, such as Oracle.
- Ability to travel Internationally (less than 10% of the time).
- Ability to speak fluent Mandarin
- Strong Financial Management skills.
- Strong Organizational skills.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- Strong Time Management skills.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- International logistics experience
- Experience working with Consumer products NPI processes
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top