Manager of Operations
The Operations Manager directs the material flows and fulfillment function, including receiving, inventory control, production/pack out, warehouse management, shipping and customer compliance. This position is a key driver and leader for the Operations team responsible for on-time delivery of product. Role requires a leader, possessing the ability to establish process, eliminate waste and get things done through a disciplined approach to problem solving.
- Define, Implement and own the material flows from inbound shipments through order fulfillment
- Lead an Operations team that manages all inventory transactions and system work orders improving process and discipline
- Manage inventory levels, including analysis of EOL and slow moving SKUs to achieve DOS targets and minimize scrap
- Implement best practice for material handling and storage. Evaluate space utilization with a goal of improving efficiencies
- Develop inventory management program that brings inventory accuracy levels to world class standard.
- Provide visible floor leadership and on the spot correction where required to ensure safety and efficiency.
- Act as the management contact for the Operations team to translate operating plans into tactical execution ensuring results are achieved on time
- Provide all documentation required to ensure information and physical flows meet financial requirements
- Exercise sound judgment within area of responsibility to interpret broadly defined practices and policies to achieve the intended result
- Establish a defined operations function that is scalable, reliable and process driven with a clear organizational cadence for inputs and deliverables
SKILLS & SPECIFICATIONS:
- Minimum 12 years business experience
- Collaborative leadership style combined with strong communication and understanding of workflow
- Ability to utilize Excel, PowerPoint and Oracle ERP system
- Advanced knowledge in inventory management, order fulfillment, material handling and logistics process
- Strong knowledge in information technology, customer compliance, working with 3PL partners
- Ability to lead cross-functionally
- Detail oriented
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor degree in Business curriculum, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years operations & inventory management experience, preferably in consumer product industry
- Experience using Oracle (preferred) or other ERP statistical software packages
- Successful history of working with customers and leading projects
- Ability to navigate ambiguity
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top