The Manufacturing Manager is a member of the Crystal Growth Operations Team reporting directly to the Department's Manufacturing Manager. The primary role of the Manufacturing Manager is to lead all Crystal Growth production operations. The Manufacturing Manager is accountable and responsible for managing departmental safety, environmental controls, development of production employees, plant production including quality control, protection of equipment, and departmental cost controls.
This is a 12-hour Day Shift
Oversee all aspects of shift production operations:
- Manage operations ensuring consistent output and with continuous improvement toward key department metrics
- Manage performance and development of the production team
- Assure operators are trained and process protocols are being followed
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields
- Work with equipment engineering to provide highest possible uptime
- Plan staffing requirements in support of business objectives
- Support R&D as a customer for product/process development
- Reduce cycle times
- Pro-actively ensure Quality System compliance
- AS Degree
- 2 years of experience in a Science, Technology or Manufacturing company OR 2 years of management experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required
- Must be a self-starter capable of managing many priorities with minimal guidance
- Must have the ability to get things done and utilize company resources effectively
- BS Degree in a Technology, Engineering or General Management Field
- 5 - 8 years manufacturing leadership experience
- Semiconductor manufacturing management experience
- In-depth knowledge of Cree Materials Operations
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top