Manager Manufacturing Engineering
This opportunity is for an experienced Defectivity and Yield Engineering Manager to fill a newly-created leadership position in a fast growing, SiC and GaN facility servicing the communications and power semiconductor markets. You will be responsible for driving improvements in visual yield and defectivity levels, as well as improving process capability and control, supporting 24x7 Fab operations. This individual will manage other managers establishing robust, manufacture-able processes and driving the expansion of our production technologies in these dynamic markets.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- The Wolfspeed team within Cree provides the opportunity for professional and technical growth in a rapidly expanding business sector.
- Offers the opportunity for you to groom and grow an engineering team
- Position will work directly with Product, Process, Yield and Operations teams to support increasing customer demand for technology leading products
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- The Defectivity and Yield Engineering Manager is responsible to drive capability and yield improvements through defectivity analysis and process control management.
- Individual will also be responsible for metrology systems including defectivity classification, measurement systems, recipe maintenance and gage capability.
- Focus on improving yields and outgoing product quality.
- Develop the skills and leadership within the team and enable the production ramp of our devices through sound judgment and oversight of process capability and control.
- This leader has the capability to groom and develop the team during a period of high growth and dynamic change as we move from a legacy of technology leadership to a more robust and large-scale production operation.
What you need for success:
- BS in Chemical or Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics, Material Science or other relevant Physical Science
- Minimum of 3 years of Engineering Management experience in a production Semiconductor Fab
- Minimum of 5 years of as a Process or Yield Engineer
- Proven track record developing the leadership and technical competencies of a team
- Experience demonstrating and driving process improvement through statistical control methodologies
- Experience demonstrating and driving yield increases with defectivity reduction
- Experience with optical inspection, Fab metrology and gage analysis
- Solid understanding of multiple process competencies including Photolithography, Etch, PVD, Implant and Thermal processing
- Must be a US citizen or Green Card Holder
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Masters or Doctorate in Engineering or related Physical Science
- Proficiency with data analysis software, such as JMPTM or equivalent
- Proficiency with KlarityTM or similar defectivity-review software
- Experience with SiC, RF GaN or compound semiconductor device manufacturing
- Experience manufacturing for a customer in the automotive industry
- Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top