The Production Supervisor is a member of the Wafer PREP Operations Team reporting directly to the Department's Manufacturing Manager. The primary role of the Production Supervisor is to lead and direct all Wafer PREP production operations. The Production Supervisor is accountable and responsible for managing departmental safety, environmental controls, development of production employees, plant production including quality control, protection of equipment, and departmental cost controls.
Oversee all aspects of shift production operations:
- Manage operations ensuring consistent output and with continuous improvement toward key department metrics.
- Manage performance and development of the production team.
- Assure operators are trained and process protocols are being followed.
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields.
- Work with equipment engineering to provide highest possible uptime.
- Plan staffing requirements in support of business objectives.
- Support R&D as a customer for product/process development.
- Reduce cycle times.
- Pro-actively ensure Quality System compliance.
- AS Degree.
- 2 years of experience in a Science, Technology or Manufacturing company OR 2 years of management experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder.
- Strong data analysis skills required.
- Strong problem solving skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be a self-starter capable of managing many priorities with minimal guidance.
- Must have the ability to get things done and utilize company resources effectively.
- BS Degree in a Technology, Engineering or General Management Field.
- 5 - 8 years manufacturing leadership experience.
- Semiconductor manufacturing management experience.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top