The primary role of the Operations Team Lead is to lead and direct Nitride Epi production operations. You will develop, direct, and manage the production supervisors, the training team, and the operator teams for the Nitride Epi department. The Operations Team Lead Manager will be responsible for short term tactical results, and long term strategic improvements, in an environment of continuous improvement on all primary metrics.
What can Cree do for you?
- Fast pace environment
- Ability to make impactful business decisions
- Growing company culture
- High visibility in organization
- Work cross functionally with multiple departments
What can you do for Cree?
Oversee all aspects of 24X7 production operations for your area of responsibility:
- Motivate and lead the team towards consistently high performance
- Manage operations ensuring consistent output and with continuous improvement toward key department metrics
- Partner with your peers (Operations, Engineering, Equipment, R&D) to achieve overall fab results as planned
- Manage performance and development of a production supervisor team
- Manage and direct the LED chips training department
- Assure operators are trained and process requirements are being followed, in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Foster teamwork and high morale while achieving results
- Work with engineering staff to control and improve production yields
- Work with equipment engineering to provide highest possible uptime
- Assist in planning staffing requirements in support of business objectives
- Responsible for controlling and reducing costs, and improving productivity of both labor and capital equipment
- Support R&D as a customer for product/process development
- Ensure consumable and raw material inventory availability within budgeted levels
- Reduce cycle times
- Proactively ensure Quality System compliance
What you need for success:
- 5 - 8 years leadership experience required
- BS/BA or equivalent manufacturing experience
- Strong data analysis skills required
- Strong problem solving skills required
Highly preferred skills:
- BS Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- Semiconductor manufacturing management experience preferred
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top