Machinist - CNC
This position will support development and sustain manufacturing operations in the Crystal Growth department to enable the production of high-quality SiC crystals. This position is in the manufacturing of parts using lathes, mills and meteorology tools.
This opening is for a 12 hour night shift position.
What can Cree do for you?
- You will have access to professional and technical growth opportunities in the rapidly expanding CREE Materials Business.
- Provide a unique opportunity to work with a team of scientists, engineers, and technicians to assist in the development and transfer of new processes over to production.
- Be a part of a strong technical team that values agility, accountability, and teamwork.
- Work directly with technology contributing to the future of transportation, energy, and communications.
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment, for a technology leader who is developing the next generation of electronic devices and the materials that support them.
What can you do for Cree?
- Work with engineering and operations personnel to ensure process stability, health, and robustness.
- Sustain and manage daily manufacturing process operations for several Materials product lines and associated tasks.
- Participate in projects to improve crystal quality and yield to exceed customer expectation.
- Assist in yield excursions and investigate root causes.
- Perform any other tasks delegated as necessary to support the CREE Materials Business.
What you need for success:
- Two-year technical degree (CNC machining, mechanical or equilvalent) or equivalent experience, or equivalent formal technical / military training.
- Must be US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
- High energy, hands-on, self-motivated, problem solving individual with the capacity to quickly grasp and handle a wide range of technical challenges.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interface effectivity with coworkers of varying technical levels such as engineers, technicians, supervisors, managers, etc.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to effectively transition to different tasks when priorities change
- Strong Microsoft Office computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook) with the ability to learn new program quickly.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience in lathe and mill operations. Experience measuring with calipers and depth gauges.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top