Machine Learning Scientist in Materials R&D
Cree-Wolfspeed, is seeking a Scientist with Materials background and Machine Learning experience to perform research and development for Silicon Carbide substrate material and its associated processes, inputs, and metrology.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Wolfspeed is a fast-paced environment, in which we are leading development in the next generation of electronic devices and the materials that support them.
- You will work with truly unique datasets to solve problems that have an impact on global energy consumption and environmental preservation, while providing our customers with best-in-class technology that improves their bottom line.
- You will have the opportunity of working with a massively cross-disciplinary group encompassing almost all physical sciences, which can be leveraged to accomplish your goals.
- You will have access to professional and technical growth opportunities in the rapidly expanding Silicon Carbide Power Semiconductor market.
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Design, build and support databases and analytic capabilities for R&D developed processes
- Generate insight into material’s properties, metrology, and process data
- Design and implement ML solutions to extract numerical data from images
- Collaborate with Research and Development groups to disseminate information for critical manufacturing decisions, as well as to rapidly integrate new measurements into the decision-making path
- Be a liaison between the Materials R&D group and Cree IT to accelerate software and hardware decisions, as well as purchasing equipment to support computational efforts
What you need for success:
- Required education: PhD graduate or MS with minimum of 3 years of industry experience
- Connection to at least one discipline: Materials Science, Crystallography, multi physics simulation, mechanical model optimization, or FE modeling
- At least one finished software based project and its successful implementation
- Track record in working with large data sets, big data, or data mining
- Good verbal, written and personal communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Condensed Matter Physics, Crystallography, Semiconductor, Materials Science, or Computer Science degree with strong background in Computer Science and Engineering
- Demonstrated experience with convolutional neural networks and modern machine learning methods with application in unsupervised learning or genetic algorithms
- Advanced computer programming experience, with abilities in software project management, systems design, C++, C#, Python, .NET, SQL preferred, open source software and builds
- Up to date knowledge of high performance computing systems, parallel processing and GPU computing
- Experience with integration of hardware and software systems
- Adept with the use of statistical methods and programs of data analysis (for example, Matlab SPSS or JMP) to uncover small but significant trends in key parameters
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis modeling and simulation
- Comfortable making presentations to large groups when needed
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top