LED Product Development Team Leader
LED Product Development Team Leader (Components)
The primary focus of this position is to lead a product development team. The team will develop LED component products and supporting LED chips to further Cree’s strategic business objectives.
- Lead a team of scientists and engineers in LED Product development
- Take a leadership role to own, align, and drive product roadmaps with internal development and manufacturing strategy
- Partner across functional organizations to ensure effective new product and process introductions as well as consistent device performance and quality
- Work closely with marketing to understand product needs and act as a technical resource/interface with external customers when required.
- Work closely across organizations to satisfy customer needs & drive Cree’s market leadership.
- Formulate and execute long-term product development plans to insure product performance, quality, cost, and schedule objectives are consistently met.
- Ensure that products shipped meet specifications and quality goals. Resolve customer concerns rapidly. This includes coordinating activities between the various departments – R&D, manufacturing operations, sales & marketing.
- Play an integral role in the development and manufacturing of LED components through both individual and team contributions
- BS/MS/PhD in Engineering or other technical field (Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Optics or other related field)
- 5+ years of experience in product and process development
- 3+ years management experience
- Willing and able to travel (both domestic and international)
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong project management abilities.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around obstacles.
- Working knowledge of applied statistics (SPC/DOE) and structured problem solving methods
- 5+ years of process and/or product development management experience
- In-depth technical understanding of packaging and/or semiconductor processes and equipment
- Experience with ISO/TS 16949, Mil Spec, AEC-Q101, or similar quality standards
- Demonstrated success in enabling business and bottom line growth
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to influence across various functional teams within the organization
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top