Lean Facilitator III
This position will be a part of an Industrial engineering team supporting Global Operations at Cree.
The LEAN Facilitator will lead projects/programs to drive business results, including facilitating kaizens, conducting data analysis, identifying root causes and developing solutions based on LEAN principles.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to develop and showcase skill set working at Cree Global Operations team
What can you do for Cree?
The primary purpose of the LEAN Facilitator is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
- Lead various kaizen (continuous improvement) events in a team setting and demonstrate successful outcomes; select and utilize appropriate LEAN tools
- Utilize LEAN applications and tools to implement improvement programs
- Promote out-of-the-box thinking and continuously generate new ideas to improve processes, service, efficiency, inventory, cost and space
- Serve as a catalyst to promote LEAN thinking and foster a continuous improvement culture throughout the company
- Initiate, required to conduct training, develop & manage new LEAN initiatives within Global Operations for Cree
What you need for success:
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in engineering, logistics or technical discipline
- 3-5 years prior work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- 2+ years prior work experience of LEAN tools and methodologies, including Kaizen events, value stream mapping and Lean technical concepts such as 5S, quality, flow and visual systems
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Excellent PC skills to including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Strong process-oriented and analytical skills coupled with change management skills
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Green/Black Belt Six Sigma certification preferred.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top