Lead Maintenance Technician - 3rd Shift
3rd Shift: M - F, 11:00PM - 7:00AM
The Lead Equipment Technician will supervise the Equipment Support team on a given shift, while providing real-time service and support for all production equipment for Cree’s Lighting Business. This role leads, coordinates, and develops the team to meet business unit objectives by providing superior service, timely resolution to equipment downtime, preventative maintenance execution, and monitoring of key performance indicators in safety, quality, cost, and production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate shift team member activities to ensure team and production objectives are met.
- Assess and track knowledge/skills of team members. Develop meaningful objectives and development plans, and provide support to address identified performance gaps.
- Lead and coordinate the implementation of site or corporate initiatives to ensure success.
- Identify improvement opportunities, develop improvement plans and implement changes necessary to achieve desired results.
- Apply corporate, site and team policies relating to the appropriate management of personnel.
- Troubleshoot, identify root cause, and correct equipment failures.
- Establish preventative maintenance plans and schedules, and perform preventative maintenance.
- Provide and consistently deliver the best performing equipment by maintaining, supporting and creating a service experience that is valued and exceeds Manufacturing‘s expectations.
- Strong process improvement & safety mentality
- Demonstrated leadership experience (formal or informal)
- Demonstrated trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with focus on prioritization of work
- Ability to develop and mentor others through objectives, development plans, coaching and performance management
- Self-directed with demonstrated sound decision-making capability
- Recognized for initiating and supporting change (change agent)
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple initiatives
- Demonstrated proficiency in conducting Root Cause Analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- High attention to detail
- Excellent electro-mechanical aptitude
- Position requires working evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in manufacturing equipment maintenance, and 2 years being in leadership position
- Associate Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical discipline, or High School Diploma/GED and 3 years in a manufacturing equipment maintenance leadership position
- LED Lighting Operations experience
- Previous customer service experience
- Associate Degree in Mechanical or Electrical discipline
- 7 years’ experience in manufacturing equipment maintenance, and 3 years being in leadership position
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top