IT Solution Delivery Leader – New Product Development and Commercialization
IT Solution Delivery Leader – New Product Development (NPD) and Commercialization
This position is the go to contact for IT Solution Delivery – New Product Development (NPD) and Commercialization at Cree | Wolfspeed. Reporting to the Solution Delivery Team Leader, you will be responsible for the development and delivery of standardized systems solutions and processes in the areas of R&D, NPD and Engineering. This position will be held accountable for the development, design and delivery of systems solutions with the goal of enabling our organization and fully leverage our systems capabilities.
As a key member of the Cree IT Extended Leadership Team, provide strategic leadership and management. This includes the development and implementation of short/long-term strategies, managing and optimizing IT assets, fostering a transformational/continuous improvement environment, and development of IT personnel. Leads development of Cree’s long-term systems requirements and any hardware/software designs required to accomplish business objectives and support company growth. Also, contributes actively as a member of the Cree IT Team to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage using technology at Cree.
What can Cree | Wolfspeed do for you?
- Provide a highly visibility role focused on transformational leadership
- Showcase your skills at the enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
What can you do for Cree | Wolfspeed?
- Provide overall direction for development and integration of IT applications/infrastructure for the Cree business.
- Work with the Functions and Divisions to understand business strategy and define business requirements.
- Ensure integration of processes and IT solutions across Cree, consistent with the approved IT Application Architecture.
- Work with other Solution Delivery Leaders in the areas of:
- Business Systems (O2C, P2P)
- Manufacturing (MES, Quality, Maintenance, Facilities and EHS)
- HR/Legal Systems
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Digital Systems (CRM/Sales enablement, Web and Social)
- Information Management & Analytics (MDM, Information Architecture, Self Service Visualization and Big Data
- Application Support
- Lead/manage delivery of projects/solutions on time, within budget and to customer expectations
- Assist in design and delivery of infrastructure required to support new IT solutions
- Ensure adherence to IT Architecture principles and guidelines
- Ensure optimal application performance, maintainability and supportability of the infrastructure
- Be a part of the Cree IT Team’s strategic transformation efforts
- Cree 2024 transformation
- Facilitate cross Business/Functional integration opportunities
- Represent Functional uniqueness requirements
- IT Capability Plan
- Organizational and personal competency development
- IT Service Management
- Application standardization, rationalization and optimization
- Business Technology Roadmap
What you need for success?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 20+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 -10 years leading R&D, NPD and Engineering systems solutions within a $2.0B - $5.0B High Tech Global Business.
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- IT management experience demonstrating a proven project and process management skill set, including knowledge of standards and methodology of a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions across the Enterprise to understand and articulate the business requirements as well as the IT capabilities and requirements.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of major aspects of IT operations, including project management, systems development, systems analysis and design, and budget administration; with broad exposure and practical experience in IT management.
- Ability to influence and lead change.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles.
- Ability to travel (5%-15%) domestically and internationally (< 5%).
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the High Tech/Semiconductor industry
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Proven experience in IT application, data, mobility, digital, information and infrastructure planning/development.
- Strong experience in core systems (Oracle EBS, SFDC EBS and EDW)
- Experience with Microsoft and Manufacturing/Plant Floor solutions
- Experience implementing cloud based solutions
- Experience within Digital, Information Management and Enterprise Architecture
- Ability to design and implement all software plans and assist to increase all productivity for various R&D, NPD and Engineering applications.
- Assist to identify and access all new PLM application technologies and provide upgrade to all product development activities.
- Manage all engineering data and design various upstream and downstream PLM processes/tools.
- Collaborate with all R&D, NPD, Engineering and PLM solution providers and assist in configuration of appropriate supplier relationship management solutions.
- Provide training and appropriate change management efforts to ensure successful solution delivery. applications.
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top