IT Director - Planning & Architecture
IT Director - Planning and Architecture
Cree is seeking an IT Planning and Architecture Leader to provide strategic leadership and management as a key member of the IT Leadership team. This includes the development and implementation of short and long term strategies, development and compliance with policies/procedures, managing and optimizing IT assets, fostering a balanced transformational and continuous improvement environment, along with development of IT personnel. This person will lead development of Cree’s long-term systems requirements and any hardware and software acquisitions required to accomplish business objectives and support company growth. They will also contribute actively as a member of the ITLT to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage through the use of technology to Cree.
This position is responsible for the leadership and management of Global IT strategy, planning and architecture, portfolio management, compliance and sourcing activities for Cree. Responsibilities include IT Planning and Architecture group direction, IT strategy and plan development, governance and portfolio management, IT architecture development, IT compliance, security liaison and IT financial management.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role in a $1.5B and growing company
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Unique opportunity to implement and improve upon existing business processes
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
What can you do for Cree?
- Work with IT Leadership to set direction and goals for global IT strategy, planning and architecture, governance, portfolio management and compliance
- Creates an integrated IT Strategic Plan including IT capability and business technology roadmap in collaboration with IT Leadership and Senior Business/Functional leadership
- Oversees all aspects of Enterprise architecture development including facilitating discussions to enable formed decisions and standards that optimize the architecture in the context of business needs
- Manages the IT portfolio to optimize the delivery of business value aligned with the strategy, plan and architecture.
- Ensure that project management or solution delivery life cycle efforts and project architects specifically leverage all aspects of enterprise architecture (EA) — separately by EA viewpoint (for example, business, information and technology) and via guidance at the ESA level across those viewpoints
- Facilitates IT Steering governance structure as required to prioritize and manage the overall portfolio and priorities
- Develops and continually improves processes, tools and standards for IT strategic planning, governance, portfolio management, financial results, compliance, architecture development and compliance
- Plans, recruits and allocates resources to meet the demand of Cree and IT
- Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive sourcing strategy, including opportunities for process and cost efficiencies
- Utilize strategic, out of the box sourcing, while also mitigating risk associated with the cost and supply of services
- Participate in existing and all planning processes to assure timely acquisition of services to support business needs
- Recommends and establishes IT procurement strategy, processes, and procedures that are consistent with corporate policy, IT project requirements and sound commercial, legal and ethical practices.
- Responsible for the systematic execution of processes and procedures, for the timely and cost effective purchasing of IT products and services
- Helps to manage the activities of the IT procurement function, including the analysis, negotiation and execution of bids and contracts from vendors.
- Manages the full cycle of all IT purchases, agreements and contracts from initiation to completion
- Manages supplier relationships and service level administration for vendors
- Acts as a liaison between IT and vendors in major dispute resolution concerning supplier performance
- Evaluates supplier base for cost savings opportunities
- Identifies and engages services of new suppliers in support of IT requirements.
- Part of CREE IT Leadership Team strategic transformation efforts
- CREE transformation
- Facilitate cross Business/Functional integration opportunities
- Represent Functional uniqueness requirements
- IT Capability Plan
- Organizational and competency development
- IT process implementations
- Business technology solutions
What you need for success:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- IT management experience in a strong manufacturing environment demonstrating a proven project and process management skill set.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- 15 plus years of progressive IT experience with at least 2 years in a senior level role within a $2.0B - $5.0B Global Business developing enterprise level solutions and enterprise architecture with multiple technology platforms
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions of the Enterprise to understand and articulate the business requirements as well as the IT capabilities and requirements
- General knowledge of all IT disciplines and technology platforms
- Knowledge of standards and methodology of Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Management experience with a proven track record of leading a team across a variety of diverse locations. (Remote/virtual management)
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of major aspects of IT operations, including project management, systems development, systems analysis and design, and budget administration; with broad exposure and practical experience in IT management
- Considerable knowledge of business theory, business processes, management, budgeting, and business office operations
- Working knowledge and use of Standard IT processes and methodologies (i.e. ITIL, PMI and SDLC)
- Ability to implement standards and operating metrics
- Proven experience in IT application, data, mobility and infrastructure planning and development
- Strong experience in Oracle, Salesforce.com, Microsoft and Manufacturing/Plant Floor solutions
- Experienced implementing cloud based solutions
- Experienced implementing Master Data Management enterprise solutions
- Architecture, Governance, Strategy and Business/IT role definition
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience designing/implementing Digital/Internet of Things solutions
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top