IT Director - Manufacturing Business Systems
Position Title: IT Director - Manufacturing Business Systems
This position is the go to contact for Director of Manufacturing Business Systems at Cree. Reporting to the Solution Delivery Team Leader, you will direct a global team of Solution Delivery Architects/Leads in the enablement of business process improvements for Divisions and Functions across Cree. This position fosters IT’s accountability with a focus on the alignment of solution delivery strategies and objectives with overall Cree IT objectives. This position will be held accountable for the training, education, and execution of systems solutions with the goal of fully utilizing their capabilities.
As a key member of the Cree IT Extended Leadership Team, provide strategic leadership and management. This includes the development and implementation of short and long term strategies, development and compliance with policies/procedures, managing and optimizing IT assets, fostering a transformational/continuous improvement environment, and development of IT personnel. Leads development of Cree’s long-term systems requirements and any hardware/software designs required to accomplish business objectives and support company growth. Also contributes actively as a member of the Cree IT Team to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage through the use of technology to Cree.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role focusing on transformational leadership
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Provide overall direction for development and integration of IT applications/infrastructure for the Cree business.
- Work with the Functions and Divisions to understand business strategy and define business requirements.
- Ensure integration of processes and IT solutions across Cree, consistent with the approved IT Application Architecture.
- Manage/lead Solution Architects/Leads in the areas of Business Systems logistical, financial and planning solutions.
- Work with other Solution Delivery Leaders in the areas of:
- Product Design Management & Innovation (PLM, IoT)
- Manufacturing – (MES, Quality, Maintenance, Facilities and EHS)
- HR/Legal Systems
- Enterprise Application Integration
- Digital Systems (CRM/Sales enablement, Web and Social)
- Information Management & Analytics (MDM, Information Architecture, Self Service Visualization and Big Data
- Application Support
- Lead/manage delivery of projects/solutions on time, within budget and to customer expectations
- Assist in design and delivery of infrastructure required to support new IT solutions
- Ensure adherence to IT Architecture principles and guidelines
- Ensure optimal application performance, maintainability and supportability of the infrastructure
- Be a part of the Cree IT Team’s strategic transformation efforts
- Cree transformation
- Facilitate cross Business/Functional integration opportunities
- Represent Functional uniqueness requirements
- IT Capability Plan
- Organizational and personal competency development
- IT Service Management
- Application standardization, rationalization and optimization
- Business Technology Roadmap
What you need for success?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- 20+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 years leading an ERP/Oracle Competency center within a $2.0B - $5.0B Global Business.
- Ability to work within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones
- IT management experience demonstrating a proven project and process management skill set, including knowledge of standards and methodology of a Project Management Professional (PMP).
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills with excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability and desire to engage with all functions of the Enterprise to understand and articulate the business requirements as well as the IT capabilities and requirements.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge of major aspects of IT operations, including project management, systems development, systems analysis and design, and budget administration; with broad exposure and practical experience in IT management.
- Ability to influence and lead change.
- Strong negotiating skills.
- Proven ability to deliver despite obstacles.
- Ability to travel (10- 30%) domestically and internationally (global < 5%).
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment industry
- Project Management Certification (PMP)
- Proven experience in IT application, data, mobility, digital, information and infrastructure planning/development.
- Strong experience in Oracle EBS and CRM solutions
- Experience with Microsoft and Manufacturing/Plant Floor solutions
- Experience implementing cloud based solutions
- Experience within Digital and Information Management and Enterprise Architecture
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top