IT Architect - End User Technology
Senior End User Technology Architect
Cree is seeking a Senior End User Technology (EUT) Architect to employ broad knowledge of end user technology components including: desktops/laptops, mobile devices, thin clients, virtual desktop infrastructure, peripherals, operating systems and applications. This person will create, update and communicate end user computing technology best practices, standards and architectures to drive business results. Additionally, this person will analyze trends in emerging end user computing technologies to assess business impact and to provide viable solutions that address technology and business needs.
- Drive the evaluation and selection of end user technology products to meet business initiatives
- Determine requirements, establish standards, execute proofs of concept and build prototypes to assess new approaches for end user computing solutions
- Develop creative, workable solutions to complex issues, projects and/or process designs
- Develop logical business cases and evaluates the impact of solutions on service, cost and/or quality
- Provide training and mentoring to End User Technology Support team in the implementation and support of end user solutions that adhere to enterprise IT standards. Articulates standards and guidelines to IT and business partners; documents solutions and revises documented solutions as needed
- Translate requirements into architectural components for development and champion solutions to IT management to gain approval
- Leverage technical knowledge to achieve business objectives. Resolves issues that impede solution development and adapts technological information, facts or data to varying situations or groups
- Recommend changes based upon knowledge of trends and best practices in end user computing
- Evaluate change requests and new solution proposals against end user computing architecture direction and ensures compliance with all standards, policies, and guidelines prior to implementation
- Demonstrate agility and resourcefulness in identifying creative and practical end user computing solutions while efficiently evaluating the quality of teams’ analyses
- Act as advanced technical escalation point for complex, urgent or high impact end user issues
What you need for success:
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Information Systems or Computer Technology, plus seven (7) years' experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in large (5000+) corporate environment
- Strong interpersonal skills to guide and mentor personnel as well as interact with customers and team members. Ability to influence and successfully interface with leadership
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work and balance and lead projects
- Experience in PC and mobility solutions along with software support with emphasis on Windows 7 and Windows 10 Operating Systems and Microsoft Office products
- Progressive knowledge with thin clients and virtual desktops
- Progressive knowledge of cloud computing solutions
- Progressive knowledge of enterprise deployment, system management tools (SCCM)
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving capabilities
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top