IT Analyst - Manufacturing Systems (Quality & MES)
The IT Analyst - Manufacturing Systems (Quality & MES) will be the face of Manufacturing and Quality Systems at our flagship lighting facility in Racine, Wisconsin. The successful candidate will provide transformational leadership with an emphasis on project delivery and ROI, but also won’t be afraid to get their hands dirty with a little troubleshooting. You will work to integrate disparate systems; select vendors; manage projects and contractors; and transition solutions from delivery to solution support. Jump right in with two critical projects to transition QA and MES applications from custom to commercial solutions. As a leader in the IT organization, you will help drive our continuous improvement efforts as we build an efficient, ITIL focused organization that is recognized as a trusted global business partner.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role focusing on manufacturing success.
- Showcase your skills as part of a global organization.
- Give you freedom to design creative solutions to critical problems.
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization.
What can you do for Cree?
- Lead the partnership between IT and the global Quality team
- Provide leadership in the deployment of a global Quality Management System (QMS)
- Represent the global Manufacturing Systems team at the Racine Lighting facility
- Provide leadership in the deployment of a Manufacturing Execution System (MES)
- Develop system roadmaps and ROI based business cases to support them
- Lead requirements gathering/analysis and solution design
- Manage vendors and contractors
- Drive root cause analysis of recurring problems and deliver solutions
- Participate on global project teams to deliver/support key manufacturing solutions
- Ensure integration of QA processes and solutions across Cree, while adhering to IT Architecture principles and guidelines
- Initiate and manage projects through to their successful completion using guidelines defined by the Cree IT Project Management Office
What you need for success?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, a related field, or commensurate experience
- Strong experience with manufacturing execution systems (MES)
- Experience with Quality Management Systems (QMS)
- Strong analytical skills and experience with systems deployments
- Excellent written and oral communication, and customer service skills
- Project management and leadership experience
- Ability to lead implementation projects/teams
- A career history including application programming, deployment, and support
- Ability to travel (20%) domestically and internationally
Highly preferred skills and certifications
- Experience in lighting or the electronics assembly industry
- PMP Certification
- ITIL Certification
- Strong experience with Camstar MES
- Involvement/leadership of an MES or QMS implementation
- Experience with Oracle ERP Manufacturing and Quality modules
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top