Cree is seeking an IQC Specialist to join the team at our Durham, NC headquarters.
- Perform inspections on incoming materials to ensure proper paperwork is received and materials conform to specifications and purchase orders.
- Perform associated computer transactions using Cree ERP and documentation software
- Label and disposition material as needed
- Coordinate internal material delivery and stocking as needed
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Shipping to return nonconforming material as required
- Communicate to associated departments the outcome of IQC results
- Pull data from inventory database for IQC reporting as needed
- May be required to transport material between warehouse and various factory locations
What you need for success:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to follow verbal and written work instructions. Must have strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have a positive, ‘whatever it takes’ attitude & have demonstrated a high level of dependability
- Must be computer skilled, experience on ERP system, MS Office Suite
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- Ability to work shift schedule and overtime as required
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- AA degree in a technical field or equivalent
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and procedures
- 3-5 years of related inspection experience
- Familiarity with ISO and TS Quality Systems
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top