This is an exciting time to come join Cree as we are continuing to build in our audit department and we currently have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Auditor to join our team. Cree is searching for an Internal Auditor to aid in the completion of audit procedures to support financial reporting required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, general operations, and policy and regulatory compliance. The qualified candidate will be tasked with partnering with internal and external resources to provide support and documentation of results and related procedures. This role requires limited, approximately once per quarter travel, to Cree subsidiary locations.
What can Cree do for you?
- Expand your audit and manufacturing skill-set to aid in your career growth
- Potential upward or lateral mobility in a thriving organization
- A chance to showcase acquired knowledge through your documented audit results and process improvement recommendations
- High visibility in Cree’s business through interaction with all levels of Cree’s management, employee base, and external auditors
What can you do for Cree?
- Assist in performing audit risk assessments, documenting business processes and internal controls, updating audit programs, and performing initial and follow-up audits in accordance with established Internal Audit Department standards and procedures
- Assist in performing walk-through and testing procedures of significant business cycles to gain in-depth understanding of transaction flows and operational effectiveness of controls (e.g., inventory unit flows and cycle counting, procurement to payment, sales order to cash conversion, etc.)
- Work in a team environment to plan, perform, and communicate the results of audit procedures, including the presentation of findings and recommendations to business process owners and upper management
- Develop and maintain knowledge of company policies and procedures and current developments in accounting and auditing professions
What you need for success:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in an internal audit or public accounting role with exposure to SEC filers; Would consider a Sr. Internal Auditor with 3+ years of experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Developed knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS, and COSO criteria
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Completion of CPA or CIA exam and/or designation
- Advanced degree such as MAC or MBA
- Experience working with Oracle or similar ERP systems and auditing IT application controls
- Prior manufacturing/technology experience
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top