Internal Audit Manager
Cree is searching for an Internal Audit Manager to aid in the completion of audit procedures to support financial reporting required by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, general operations, and policy and regulatory compliance. The Internal Audit Manager will be tasked with partnering with internal and external resources to provide support and documentation of results and related procedures. This role requires limited travel, approximately once per quarter, to Cree subsidiary locations.
What can Cree do for you?
- Expand your audit and manufacturing / technology skill-set to aid in your career growth
- Potential upward or lateral mobility in a thriving organization
- A chance to showcase acquired knowledge through your documented audit results and process improvement recommendations
- High visibility in Cree’s business through interaction with all levels of Cree’s management, employee base, and external auditors
What can you do for Cree?
- Assist in performing audit risk assessments, documenting business processes and internal controls, updating audit programs, and performing initial and follow-up audits in accordance with established Internal Audit Department standards and procedures
- Assist in performing internal control walk-throughs and testing procedures of significant business cycles to gain in-depth understanding of transaction flows and operational effectiveness of controls
- Work with business process owners to assess walk-through and testing results and develop remediation plans, as necessary
- Work in a team environment to plan, perform, and communicate the results of audit procedures, including the presentation of findings and recommendations to business process owners and upper management
- Perform operational and compliance audits based on the internal audit plan and management’s ad hoc requests and prepare audit reports / findings for management
- Assist the Internal Audit Director with overall audit scoping / planning, quarterly communications and reporting to the Audit Committee, etc.
- Assist with managing / developing internal audit staff and outsourced service providers by providing guidance on testing methodologies, providing feedback during reviews of audit workpapers and audit reports, etc.
- Assist with managing the relationship with the Company’s outsourced internal audit team in Asia, including review of workpapers, coordination of audit timing, etc.
- Assist the Internal Audit Director and staff with coordinating efforts with the Company’s external auditors
What you need for success:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business-related field
- Advanced degree such as MAC or MBA
- Completion of CPA and/or CIA exam
- At least 5-7 years of experience in an internal audit or public accounting role with exposure to SEC filers
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS, and COSO criteria
- Knowledge of IIA, PCAOB, and AICPA professional standards
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Completion of CFE, CISA, or similar certification exams
- Experience working with Oracle or similar ERP systems and auditing IT application controls
- Prior manufacturing / technology industry experience
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top