Information Technology Intern
Information Technology Intern
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to a startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students who are a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills within their areas of interest while gaining insight across unit operations. Additionally, you will have the ability to apply academic concepts to real–world business challenges. Intern have the opportunity to be key strategic contributors from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
- Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
- Learn from an experienced team
- Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
- Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
Maintain a 2.5 GPA or above
Excellent communication skills, attendance and reliability
Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated with sense of ownership of area of responsibility
Familiar with basic IT fundamentals
Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and MS Office Suites
Who You’ll Work With
Opportunities in this internship may include: Compliance Analyst, Process or Technical Architecture, or End User Experience.
- IT Compliance Analyst- This intern could be responsible for developing and rolling out an IT Controlled Document Framework, researching best practices for IT document management, and documenting all IT controlled document requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley, NIST, Quality, Security and Cree Corporate. Other responsibilities may include establishing continuous process improvement procedures and coordinating with designated process owners to ensure documentation is updated and transferred into new templates.
- IT Process Architect- This intern may assist in the improvement and development of overall Cree IT processes and service management structure, the inventory of existing IT processes, the identification of critical process areas, and identifying opportunities to further improve, rationalize and consolidate IT processes.
- IT Technical Architect- This intern may be responsible for the inventory of existing IT assets and the identification of service owners and categorization of assets by criticality to Cree. This intern may also be responsible for developing the overall roadmap to identify opportunities to leverage, rationalize and consolidate existing Cree IT assets.
- IT End User Experience- This intern may be responsible for the delivery and collection of IT hardware, peripherals, and telecom equipment to/from various office and manufacturing locations about the Durham and RTP campuses. This intern may be repairing, retiring, or restocking IT assets returned to the IT Service Desk, performing remote software installations or performing desktop computer backups and OS migrations.
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top