Information Technology Intern
Information Technology Intern
Our commitment to excellence doesn’t stop with our technology, it extends to the people we hire. When you join Cree, you’ll find yourself immersed in a culture similar to a startup environment – fast decision making, passionate people and constant innovation.
What can Cree do for you?
Cree offers an extensive 12-week internship program that aligns with our new hiring model and talent development strategy. Students who are a part of our internship program will develop knowledge and skills within their areas of interest while gaining insight across unit operations. Additionally, you will have the ability to apply academic concepts to real–world business challenges. Intern have the opportunity to be key strategic contributors from the ground up.
What can you do for Cree?
- Bring enthusiasm, creativity, and an open-mind to help strengthen our culture and build on our success
- Bring a fresh perspective to the challenges we face
- Learn from an experienced team
- Deepen your understanding of classroom concepts
- Gain real-world experience
What you need for success:
Enrollment in an accredited collegiate program
Maintain a 2.5 GPA or above
Excellent communication skills, attendance and reliability
Ability to work without sponsorship now or in the future
Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated with sense of ownership of area of responsibility
Familiar with basic IT fundamentals
Working knowledge of Windows 7, 10 and MS Office Suites
Who You’ll Work With
Opportunities in this internship may include: Compliance Analyst, Process or Technical Architecture, or End User Experience.
- IT Compliance Analyst- This intern could be responsible for developing and rolling out an IT Controlled Document Framework, researching best practices for IT document management, and documenting all IT controlled document requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley, NIST, Quality, Security and Cree Corporate. Other responsibilities may include establishing continuous process improvement procedures and coordinating with designated process owners to ensure documentation is updated and transferred into new templates.
- IT Process Architect- This intern may assist in the improvement and development of overall Cree IT processes and service management structure, the inventory of existing IT processes, the identification of critical process areas, and identifying opportunities to further improve, rationalize and consolidate IT processes.
- IT Technical Architect- This intern may be responsible for the inventory of existing IT assets and the identification of service owners and categorization of assets by criticality to Cree. This intern may also be responsible for developing the overall roadmap to identify opportunities to leverage, rationalize and consolidate existing Cree IT assets.
- IT End User Experience- This intern may be responsible for the delivery and collection of IT hardware, peripherals, and telecom equipment to/from various office and manufacturing locations about the Durham and RTP campuses. This intern may be repairing, retiring, or restocking IT assets returned to the IT Service Desk, performing remote software installations or performing desktop computer backups and OS migrations.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top