The primary purpose of the Industrial / Manufacturing Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
- Acts as the Project Manager for Equipment installations and relocations, by working with Facility Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Operations Managers, production personnel, Quality Control and peers to aid with design and implementation plans.
- Analyzes work force utilization, work center layout, material flows, production costs, process flow and production requirements to determine the most efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Develop standards and evaluate tool performance against them (eg: Capacity Modeling)
- Establish programs and solutions for tracking and improving uptime and output.
- Resource planning (plant, equipment, labor)
- Monitor and improve key operations metrics (Quality, Cycle time, WIP levels, Yield, Productivity)
- Production reporting (develop new reports, update, improve, verify accuracy)
- Participates in LEAN manufacturing initiatives and supports the LEAN Enterprise.
- Develops operating and safety procedures for all implemented equipment and ensures it is properly protected before passing it to production personnel.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to develop and showcase skill set working at Cree HQ
Successful candidates will possess the following…
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- 3-5 years prior work experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Highly proficient with databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures/drawings and governmental regulations.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills…
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Mid-level experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent observational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer.
Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top