NPI Program Engineer – Responsibilities
- Develop specifications and plans product manufacture and identifies Critical to Quality items.
- Document Systems, Processes, and tooling accordingly.
- Lead key NPI initiatives, such as DFM, FMEA, DOE, control plans, etc.
- Identifies and controls CTQ elements in processes.
- Lead build-out of physical production systems.
- Support NPI builds onsite, ensuring build success.
- Work with cross-functional teams to accelerate product introduction and drive built-in quality.
- Analyses data to identify and resolve systemic process and performance issues, draft reports, and conclude build success and production readiness.
- Work with design engineering, suppliers and business partners to deliver consistently high-performing systems.
The NPI Industrial Engineer is responsible for developing production systems and work product for New Product Introduction through Operations, Identifying, developing and implementing process techniques and technology to advance the state of manufacturing, coordinating group efforts within Operations Engineering, documenting NPI activities and completed work product, and ensuring a smooth transition to the sustaining and continuous improvement phase of product lifecycle. The NPI Industrial Engineer is a core member of the Global Operations Engineering Team and works with that team to realize world class manufacturing systems at both Cree and its partners.
What can Cree do for you
Cree is an aggressive, innovative, industry leading company. We provide a dynamic work environment, a world-class development team and the opportunity to incorporate your work into the best products on the market. We do great things and want great people to take part.
What can you do for Cree? (Job Responsibilities, Day to Day responsibilities)
You can use your skills in facilitating the product introduction process, attention to detail and strong ability to define and execute objectives to accelerate our progress while ensuring safe, repeatable, and efficient processes.
What you need for success:
- BS in Engineering with 3+ years of experience with product and or manufacturing system development.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding on how to assemble electro-mechanical assemblies
- Experience with electronics manufacturing and ability to guide design for manufacturability.
- Demonstrated experience with data collection and analysis to drive manufacturing decisions.
- Prior experience using DFM, FMEA, DOE, CTQs, and Control plans.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-sufficient while managing multiple projects.
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally.
Highly preferred skills and certifications (Preferred Qualifications, still quantifiable):
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Work well independently towards achieving the goals of the group.
- Resourceful, hands-on, problem solving individual with initiative and drive to work around technical obstacles.
- Demonstrated understanding of appropriate handling of confidential information.
- Excellent electronics aptitude and ability.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment with a customer-focused execution of tasks.
- Strong computer software skills and aptitude to learn new software.
- Attention to safety, quality, and performance.
- Self-Starter with sense of self-reliance and sense of urgency.
- Excellent work ethic with the understanding that excellence is a habit.
- Ability to identify potential safety and performance issues and eliminate them.
- SolidWorks proficiency.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top