Wolfspeed, a Cree company, is looking to add an Industrial Engineer to the Power and RF Fab in our RTP site in Durham, North Carolina. This position will be a part of a manufacturing engineering team supporting equipment installation and tool layout primarily for the Wolfspeed fab.
Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
What can Wolfspeed do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility role
- Opportunity to develop and showcase skill set working at RTP facilityThe primary purpose of the Industrial Engineer is to support Manufacturing Operations by performing the following duties:
What can you do for Wolfspeed?
- Acts as the Project Manager for Equipment installations and relocations, by working with Facility Engineering, Sustaining Engineering, Operations Managers, production personnel, Quality Control and peers to aid with design and implementation plans.
- Analyzes work force utilization, work center layout, material flows, production costs, process flow and production requirements to determine the most efficient utilization of personnel and equipment.
- Develop standards and evaluate tool performance against them (eg: Capacity Modeling)
- Establish programs and solutions for tracking and improving uptime and output.
- Resource planning (plant, equipment, labor)
- Monitor and improve key operations metrics (Quality, Cycle time, WIP levels, Yield, Productivity)
- Participates in LEAN manufacturing initiatives and support.
- Develops operating and safety procedures for all implemented equipment and ensures it is properly protected before passing it to production personnel.
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- BS degree from a four-year college/university in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 years prior work experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Ability to support a 24x7 manufacturing environment
- Highly proficient with AutoCAD, databases and data analysis tools (SQL, Access, Excel, VBA, JMP, etc.)
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures/drawings and governmental regulations.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- High motivation with continuous drive for improvement.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS degree from an accredited university in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- High-level experience with AutoCAD.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers and manufacturing personnel.
- Ability to work independently and in teams on multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Excellent observational skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top