Indirect Services Commodity Manager
Cree is seeking a Commodity Manager to join Cree’s Supply Chain team. The Commodity Manager will be responsible for supporting indirect procurement activities, such as Facilities, IT, HR, Finance and Corporate Services. The individual in this position is responsible for the execution and delivery of optimal value when meeting business requirements in addition to managing supplier relationships and performance. This is an individual contributor role.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- High visibility in a $1.0+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- As the content expert, manage procurement process for services
- Identify and manage cost savings opportunities
- Develop and implement effective sourcing strategies to ensure quality of service
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive and lower total cost of ownership.
- Build relationships with suppliers to position Cree as a preferred customer
- Manage on-going supplier quality, cost, and delivery
What you need for success:
- BS Business or Supply Chain related field
- 5+ years in strategic sourcing and purchasing
- Demonstrated experience working in a self-directed environment and managing relationships
- Energetic individual who can service a dynamic and exciting manufacturing and product line
- Excellent analytical and negotiation skills
- Responsive and good written and verbal communication skills
- Inquisitive nature, driving for improvement
- Self-motivator with a desire to take ownership and manage a piece of the business
Highly preferred skills:
- Experience negotiating service contracts for IT, HR, Finance, and Facilities
- Capable of working cross functionally in a dynamic setting
- Working knowledge of Oracle
- Experience developing and managing RFPs
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top