Global Infrastructure Engineering Leader
Global Infrastructure Engineering Leader
The Global Infrastructure Engineering Leader reports to the InfoSec & Operations Leader and will serve as a key IT leader responsible for strategy, vision and execution focused on the data center, network, end user technology and collaboration technologies.
This position will manage a team consisting of architects, individual contributors and 3rd-party partners.
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide a high visibility role focusing on transformational leadership
- Showcase your skills at the global enterprise level
- Provide career growth opportunities within a thriving organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Direct, motivate and develop staff, maximizing their individual contribution and professional growth
- Work with IT Leadership to set direction and goals for global IT strategy, planning and architecture regarding the data centers and network infrastructure
- Be responsible for financial acumen managing both the Capital budget, and operational budget as well as be actively involved in the Annual Operating Planning
- Actively contributes as a member of the leadership team to the overall development and delivery of IT capabilities required to support business growth and provide a competitive advantage using technology to Cree
- Set clear objectives to produce measurable results
- Ensure the stability of the production computing environment
- Provide actionable metrics and insights into the performance and operational health of the platforms
- Work with other team members to investigate best design approaches, prototype new technology, and evaluate technical feasibility
- Continued focus on shift left and automation initiatives
- Influence and support the culture, values and standards of the IT organization
- Collaborate with product teams to understand and translate requirements, ensuring specifications and architecture design meet broader technical strategic goals
- Create and pursue process and efficiency improvement opportunities
What you need for success:
- 10+ years of progressive IT experience with at least 5 years of senior management experience for a multi-billion-dollar global business
- Practical IT experience in all areas of Infrastructure (Service Desk, DBA, InfoSec, End User Technology and Collaboration).
- Ability to develop and leverage external partnerships in development and delivery of overall infrastructure strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills to guide and mentor personnel as well as interact with customers and team members.
- Demonstrated experience and working knowledge of Agile and ITIL processes and frameworks.
- Ability to foster and drive organizational change through process optimization, change leadership and the development of a strong network of partners
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with driving optimal results through data-driven decision making
- Ability to influence and successfully interface with executive leadership
- Strong organizational skills to prioritize work and balance and lead complex projects
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to prioritize based on criticality and urgency of an issue within a 24/7 environment across multiple time zones as operational heavy
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Experience with manufacturing, ideally in the Industrial Electronics and Electrical Equipment industry, preferred
- Proficient with the Project and Portfolio Management Tools (MS-Project, MS-SharePoint, MS-Excel, etc.);
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top