Cree is seeking a Financial Analyst within our LED Financial Operations group at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. This Financial Analyst position will report to the Factory Controller for the Durham campus, and will perform a variety of duties, primarily focused on budgeting and forecasting activities for all Materials and LED Chips manufacturing sites in Durham, NC and China. This role also includes the related financial reporting responsibilities for Cree’s Materials and Chips Business Units and those internal client service protocols associated with those responsibilities.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- Invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility in $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree
- Support the Factory Controller throughout the Materials and LED Chips business units’ respective quarterly budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Obtain and verifies key budgeting data and assumptions, using these inputs in various budgeting and forecasting systems, including forecasted cost calculations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly departmental expense data analysis, including budget to actual spend analysis for manufacturing and non-manufacturing departments, preparing any necessary correcting journal entries.
- Support the Factory Controller with explanations of revenue/margin variations to history, budget, and/or outlook by product, geographic region, and customer
- Research ad hoc budgeting/forecasting requests to support both Finance and Operations functions
- Prepare and maintains other regular financial and operating reports as deemed necessary
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve the business units’ and the Company’s operational and financial performance, provides analysis to support those recommendations, and works to implement necessary changes to achieve success
- Work with other team members and groups to gain efficiencies and implement process improvements
What you need for success:
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting & Finance roles
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
- Cost accounting or experience in a manufacturing environment
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Director of Advanced Technology
John leads a team of diverse engineers creating the next generation of LED lighting products. His focus is intelligent lighting systems and innovative advancements for current technologies.
Back to top