Job Title: Financial AnalystPosition: Full TimeJob Description
The financial analyst is responsible for assisting in maintenance of Cree’s consolidated budgeting process and for supporting the Cree Shared Service organizations. The analyst will assist the Shared Service Manager in preparing financial information and work closely with budget owners to solicit timely and accurate inputs for the planning cycle. The ideal candidate for this position is an aggressive self-starter who can prioritize, problem solve, and escalate issues pertaining to the budget cycle.Duties and Responsibilities
- Support Cree’s Shared Service departments’ owners directly with budget development (including capital planning and headcount)
- Perform month-end closing procedures including investigating budget variances and booking related journal entries for Shared Service departments
- Explain any variances after month-end close and update any temporary variances in the quarterly budget during the forecast process
- Schedule, develop presentation materials, and lead the monthly budget review meetings with department managers
- Perform current quarter and subsequent quarters forecast using department owner input and analytical procedures
- Define, develop, manage, and improve budgetary and planning processes
- Build effective, in depth relationships with Finance, Accounting and Shared Service Organization functions
- Provide ad hoc end user support as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, CPA preferred not required
- Prior FP&A experience or equivalent experience supporting corporate planning processes
- Strong accounting analytical skills and communication skills
- Understanding of budgeting process and operation expense departments
- Proficiency in Oracle and Hyperion (including SmartView)
- Proficiency in Excel (pivots, lookups)
- Semiconductor and/or Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
Since our beginning 30 years ago, we have introduced innovative and disruptive solutions that enable a more efficient, productive and safer world. We continue our leadership in developing market-leading lighting-class LEDs, lighting products and semiconductor products for power and radio frequency (RF) applications. We believe in unlocking the power and potential of technology, enabling the world to do more with less. We aim to transform the way people experience light and are also leading the innovation of Power/RF products that move us toward a more energy efficient future.
Be part of our future and have a direct impact while working for an organization that provides a place to work alongside brilliant people, a competitive total rewards package, and a problem solving culture. We invite you to submit an application if you feel we would be a good fit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Process Engineer, Wolfspeed
Nathan ensures that Cree and its customers are set up for success by implementing efficient processes that allow new features and issue resolutions to be created quickly.
Back to top