Cree is seeking an Financial Analyst to join our team in Durham, NC. This position will be responsible for supporting Cree’s consolidated budget and forecast process as a member of the Finance Shared Service organization. The Financial Analyst will assist the FP&A Manager prepare financial information and work closely with departmental budget owners to solicit timely and accurate inputs for planning cycles.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Support Shared Service department managers with budget development (including operating expenses, capital planning and headcount)
- Perform month-end closing procedures including investigating budget variances and booking related journal entries for Shared Service departments
- Perform current quarter and subsequent quarter forecast procedures using department owner input and analytical procedures
- Schedule, develop presentation materials, and lead the monthly budget review meetings with department managers
- Provide ad hoc end user and reporting support
- Define, develop, manage, and improve budgetary and planning processes
- Contribute to planning cycle process improvement activities
- Build effective, in depth relationships with Finance, Accounting and Shared Service Organization functions
What you need for success:
- BS/BA in Finance or Accounting
- Prior FP&A experience or equivalent experience supporting corporate planning processes
- Excellent professional presence and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical proficiency
- Proficiency using Excel (pivots, lookups)
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience and proficiency using Oracle EBS and Hyperion (including SmartView)
- Experience with enterprise BI platforms, such as OBIEE, Tableau, and/or Spotfire
- Spreadsheet Server experience
- Willingness to work extended hours as needed
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top