Cree is seeking a Financial Analyst within our LED Financial Operations group at our global headquarters in Durham, NC. This Financial Analyst position will report to the Factory Controller for the Durham campus, and will perform a variety of duties, primarily focused on budgeting and forecasting activities for all Materials and LED Chips manufacturing sites in Durham, NC and China. This role also includes the related financial reporting responsibilities for Cree’s Materials and Chips Business Units and those internal client service protocols associated with those responsibilities.
What can Cree do for you?
- Opportunity to be a key strategic contributor from the ground up
- Invaluable experience with an innovation leader, poised for success
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- High visibility in $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Support the Factory Controller throughout the Materials and LED Chips business units’ respective quarterly budgeting and monthly forecasting processes
- Obtain and verifies key budgeting data and assumptions, using these inputs in various budgeting and forecasting systems, including forecasted cost calculations
- Prepare monthly/quarterly departmental expense data analysis, including budget to actual spend analysis for manufacturing and non-manufacturing departments, preparing any necessary correcting journal entries.
- Support the Factory Controller with explanations of revenue/margin variations to history, budget, and/or outlook by product, geographic region, and customer
- Research ad hoc budgeting/forecasting requests to support both Finance and Operations functions
- Prepare and maintains other regular financial and operating reports as deemed necessary
- Identify strategic opportunities to improve the business units’ and the Company’s operational and financial performance, provides analysis to support those recommendations, and works to implement necessary changes to achieve success
- Work with other team members and groups to gain efficiencies and implement process improvements
What you need for success:
- BS/BA degree in Finance or Accounting
- 1-3 years of experience in Accounting & Finance roles
- Advanced Microsoft Access and Excel skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- MS degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA or CMA
- Experience with Oracle and Hyperion
- Cost accounting or experience in a manufacturing environment
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top