Cree is seeking a Finance Manager to lead the General Accounting team for Racine lighting location. This will include the development, installation, and monitoring of Racine planning, budgeting and analysis, development of a comprehensive project based Cost Reduction process, Departmental Operating expense development and reviews, freight accounting, and overall analysis and interpretation of financial information to operating leadership.
What can Cree do for you?
- Potential for upward mobility in a thriving organization
- Chance to work with all levels of a global organization
- High visibility in a $1+ billion company
What can you do for Cree?
- Lead General Accounting function locally to drive consistency, efficiency and effectiveness throughout the business and across the organization
- Manage general ledger systems and inputs to improve information flows, ensuring they meet manufacturing and business support needs and meet all audit requirements through the utilization of internal systems
- Provide business unit functional leader’s analytical support for special projects and decisions (ie NPI support, Capital evaluations, margin analysis for product/pricing decisions, etc)
- Manage the development and optimization of a platform wide cost reduction program. Establish and monitor efficient, best in class procedures for the review/comparison of current costs versus cost reduction project estimates
- Manage, develop and maintain a team of professional staff providing clear direction, while motivating and engaging the team
- Provide and support the divisions, operations and corporate functions in product margin analysis
- Review Operations Departmental expense variances and provide consolidated reporting to control and analyze cost changes
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual performance management process, including quarterly budget and annual AOP development.
- Responsible for complete and accurate account reconciliations for all applicable general ledger accounts and appropriate follow-up on significant reconciling items.
- Plan and execute year-end audit activities for non manufacturing and warehousing functions providing support to the external auditors
- Ensure compliance of all SOX 404 control procedures that the business is responsible for. Support the internal and external auditors in their testing of those controls
- Utilize audit processes and outcomes to drive improvement across the business. Analyze outcomes, identify gaps, recommend solutions and drive implementation across the organization
What you need for success:
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance.
- 10-15 years of overall experience
- 4-5 years’ experience and success providing indirect leadership to projects and initiatives required. 3+ years’ direct supervisory/leadership experience desired
- Experience managing General Accounting functions
- Experience in Financial Planning and Analysis
- Proven continuous improvement mind-set with strong project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills that can motivate, engage and guide individuals toward action and goal attainment
- Advanced knowledge/exposure to an enterprise wide system (Oracle preferred)
- Intermediate to advanced skills in the use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong analytical, accounting and problem solving skills
- Strong managerial perspective, highly motivated, mature and positive individual.
- Sound technical knowledge of accounting standards and exposure to or knowledge of SOX requirements
- Drive for – and proven success in driving – continued improvement of business, function, team and self.
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- CPA/MBA/CMA preferred
- Big 4 Accounting firm experience preferred
At Cree, we’re always on. We believe that meaningful change happens through sheer force of will and the determination of a team solving a problem, and we’re unafraid to kick down the door to make it happen. That’s how we inspired the LED revolution and continue to create brilliantly affordable, radically simple, uncompromisingly efficient solutions that transform the way we experience light. From inventing America’s best-selling light bulb to commercializing the brightest lighting-class LEDs, our vision isn’t just to cultivate a thriving business – it’s to better the world. And we don’t take no for an answer. Be part of what’s next. Join our growing multi-billion dollar start-up, named a 2014 MIT Technology Review “50 Smartest Company,” to revolutionize energy efficiency and transform the way we experience light. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Cree's Employees
Manager, Sustaining Engineering
Katrina pushes lighting technology forward by managing the engineers who assemble the inner workings of the Cree LED Bulb. She also looks at data to brainstorm ways to make the brightest LED components possible.
Back to top