Field Sales Engineer- So Cal/Rocky Mountains
The Field Sales Engineer (FSE) will be an instrumental member of Cree’s Southwest Regional Sales Team. This person will be responsible for solidifying Cree’s position as the preferred partner for our semiconductor portfolio of Power(SiC), RF Power (GaN-on-SiC & LDMOS), and LED solutions. The focus will be on key market segments: Renewable Energy, Communications, and Industrial.
The FSE will have strong knowledge of the Los Angeles and Orange County semiconductor marketplace and have existing relationships that can be leveraged into this role. Preference is experience in power and RF sales. She/he will have system level and chip level expertise to have effective technical discussions with customers in tandem with the local field application engineer and other factory technical resources.
- Meet and exceed Cree revenue and pipeline generation growth targets
- Establish, develop, and maintain business relationships with current customers and prospective customers in the assigned territory for Cree’s Power, RF, and LED differentiated products
- Strategize and have a territory plan to address managing and growing a combination of existing and emerging customers and to support revenue targets consistent with the business unit strategies
- Qualify opportunities and determine if there is a fit for Cree Semiconductor solutions
- Engage with and support the customer through the design cycle from concept stage (CTO level) to production
- Build solid relationships with strategic customers and key distribution partners
- Align & assign both demand creation & fulfillment targets for the territory with the channel partners
- Develop business cases for new opportunities, coordinating & leveraging functional and technical peers to secure and close
- Submit accurate & timely business forecasts, i.e. Opportunity Pipeline & Revenue
- Partner with Quality & Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution
- Communicate market trends and recommend strategies for success
- Assess product positioning and recommend changes needed to surpass competitors
What can Cree do for you?
- Provide you the opportunity to join a world class sales team, executing a plan that you help define.
- Challenge you by working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company
- Afford you a role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative
- Offer you the opportunity to be involved in Cree’s transformation, as we become the fastest growing RF/Power semiconductor company in the industry.
- Provide you upward mobility in a thriving, growth-mode organization
- 7+ years in a Technical Sales role.
- Strong communicator and problem solver
- Experience with contractual agreements
- Entrepreneurial mindset preferred
- Intuitive ability to prioritize efforts and quickly identify and resolve challenges
- Self-motivated team player with ability to balance personal goals with those of the organization
- Ability to travel in the assigned region as often as needed to ensure success
- Preferred role location is Los Angeles/Orange County, CA
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in in Engineering, Management, or Marketing
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top