Field Applications Engineer – Nokia China
Field Applications Engineer – Nokia China
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will act as the local interface between Nokia China & Cree, and be responsible for solidifying Cree’s position as the preferred partner for our semiconductor portfolio of RF Power (GaN-on-SiC & LDMOS) & as applicable, Power (SiC) and LED solutions across Ericsson’s footprint. The role will report directly to the Nokia Lead FAE, based in Sweden.
Success in this role will be demonstrated by performing key technical sales support for Nokia (and, as needs be, other OEMs) in the China/AP region. Day-to-day, as the customer’s SME (Subject Matter Expert), you will interact face-to-face with customers in support of Design Win activity, identifying any technical roadblocks and create strategies to address. Collaboration with the local KAM (Key Account Manager) & Product Line Marketing will be essential to accomplish Design In and relationship objectives.
What can Cree do for you?
- Offer the opportunity to help Cree deliver on our strategy by joining a world-class sales function
- Challenge you by working on cutting-edge products with an industry leading company
- Provide you a high-visibility role within a culture that is dynamic, entrepreneurial, and highly collaborative
- Allow you to be involved in Cree’s transformation, including being in the early adoption phase for the fastest growing RF/Power products in the compound semiconductor market
- Provide possible upward mobility in a thriving, growth-mode organization
What can you do for Cree?
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key stakeholders in assigned customer location(s), primarily at the R&D/Engineering Design Centers
- Present regular technical updates (and interim workshops), promoting new developments, products (features and benefits) as well as being hands-on in customer labs for modelling, trouble-shooting, etc.
- Own the regional technical interface, promote & support the development of the account by supporting the local KAM/Sales organization and driving increased Design In activity
- Assess product positioning and recommend changes needed to surpass competitors
- With the KAM/Sales team, support pipeline transparency & timely forecasting (in Salesforce.com or other systems) & map out plans to close Design Wins
- Communicate technical market trends (OEMs & Operators) and recommend strategies for success
What you need for success:
- 5+ years in a Design Engineering or Application Engineering role (other relevant experience, e.g. RF circuit designer, technical sales support, etc., will be considered), interacting directly with customers to solve technical problems
- Possess technical skills to complete microwave measurements
- Strong knowledge in tuning high power amplifiers and circuit optimization
- High-power RF experience required with either GaN HEMT, Si LDMOS or GaAs MESFET, GaAs pHEMT
- A solid track record of excellent presentation and written communication skills (English and Mandarin fluency)
- Experience collaborating within and across global sales & technical teams to increase penetration into key accounts
- Ability to travel approximately 60%, including international
- Preferred role location is Hangzhou (Shanghai as backup) but other locations will be considered
Highly preferred skills and certifications:
- BS in Electrical Engineering, or other Engineering discipline with relevant work experience
At Cree, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top