Field Applications Engineer- N Cal/Northwest
Cree is looking to add a Field Applications Engineer (FAE) in SF Bay area supporting Pacific Northwest region.
The Field Applications Engineer (FAE) will be an instrumental member of Cree’s Northwest Regional Team. This person will be responsible for solidifying Cree’s position as the preferred partner for our semiconductor portfolio of Power(SiC), RF Power (GaN-on-SiC & LDMOS), and LED solutions.
The technical focus will be on key market segments: Data Center, Renewable Energy, Communications, and Industrial.
The FAE will have strong knowledge of SF Bay Area/Silicon Valley markets while covering the other Northwest states. Experience in high power applications and RF design preferred
The Field Application Engineer provides technical support to customers, convinces customers to use Cree power, RF, or LED devices in designs, and converts opportunities into design wins
- Work with Sales Account Managers to aggressively win designs and grow revenue
- Qualify opportunity and determine if there is a fit for SiC power/RF/LED devices
- Conduct technical seminars at customer sites
- Pre-sales support to convince customer of SiC system benefits and selling SiC’s value for Power and GaN for RF
- Support the customer through the design cycle from sample, prototype, pilot, pre-production, to production with hardware debug, system level knowledge
- Work with customer on Quality claims and determine root cause of field/application failures
- Sufficient technical knowledge to support field requests with minimal factory support
- Manage and train distribution FAEs
- Communicate effectively with factory for technical requests
- Provide customer feedback, application trends to Marketing for new product development
- BS in Electrical or Electronic Engineering or similar with 3-5 years power and/or RF semiconductor working experience
- Strong technical communication skills; ability to communicate with customer development/application engineers on system level & component level
- Good understanding of different topologies, hard as well as soft switching topologies
- Comfortable with high voltage semiconductors
- Experiences with circuits design, component selection, loss calculation, layout, magnetic design
- Fundamental knowledge of different semiconductors devices; Diodes, BJTs, JFETs, MOSFETs, IGBTs, HEMTs, etc.
- Analytic and a team player
- Familiar with industrial standards and compliances; JEDEC, AEC-Q, UL, EMI/EMC etc.
- Ability to travel frequently to customers to give onsite support
- Daily use of MS office software package and familiar with LT-spice and PLECS, ADS, HFSS
- 3-5yrs semiconductor FAE experience and/or RF/ Power Electronics design
- Experience related to customer support in high voltage (>600V) and high power applications (up to MW range)
- Hi Power microwave experience
This role may require additional duties and/or assignments as designated by management.
At Cree | Wolfspeed, we’ve spent more than 30 years developing industry firsts as a leader in wide bandgap semiconductor technology. Not familiar with all of our products? That is because we are a part of the invisible revolution; if we do our job right you will never know we were there. Our products make impossible possible like our LEDs that power cities to our Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN) components that power electric vehicles, solar energy, telecommunications and industrial, military and aerospace solutions.
We believe in enabling the world to do more with less. That’s why we encourage each other to think unconventionally, take ownership and solve real problems. Interested in a career at Cree | Wolfspeed? We want to meet you. Submit your application now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to top